Hilux diff brake settups

My name is Russell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever discs you run you'll have to remove bearing to get old backing plate off (or cut with grinder) and also get outter edge of drive flange machined down on lath to sit nicely inside new disc

im gonna be doing the s13disc and ae92 calliper to mine soon, did some rough measureing wen i got the setup and i think if you got a plate cut from 16mm? steel it would all line up pretty easy, i think the s14 are 5 stud so have a look at there disc's?

• 2 weeks later...

EB falcon rear disks and calipers are a good option the inside of the disk fits over the axle flange and the off-set of the disk and calipers is perfect. Mounting bracket for the calipers is simple to make similar to that orange diff. Falcon disks are 5x114 as well to which is handy if you don't wana re-stud cause that can be costly.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok just picked up some ae92 fx-gt calipers

Who has some pictures of theres setup? :mrgreen:

What cables etc did you guys use?

Whats a reasonable price for some 5 studd s14 disks? Iv found these for $100, but should i be able to find some cheaper? Or is that reasonable?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 947770.htm

I would look into new price before you buy any for $100.

I think I will do the exact conversion but using the s13 4x113.4 disc.

Also Aiden should be able to spin up the axle in UJ's lathe if the bed is long enough.

Gaz

I would look into new price before you buy any for $100.

I think I will do the exact conversion but using the s13 4x113.4 disc.

Also Aiden should be able to spin up the axle in UJ's lathe if the bed is long enough.

Gaz

I didn't think i needed to turn anything on my axles because mine has the smaller 5 stud center? / the mags fit over them fine. will see i guess.

The calipers are mint a good size for rear brakes IMO. Just need to get my head around how to do the linkages

its not normally the center or (spigot) that needs maching down its the outter surface around the studs because the new disc is now gonna slot over top of studs insted of bolting from behind....

IMO sechond hand disc's are worth about $40-50, price up some new ones, they might only be $130 or so, maybe even some slotted ones if you wanna get fancy 8)

also alot of the time you end up havin to machine up a spacer for the spigot because the disc center is usally bigger, i think you need this for cert, and if your wheels dont align on the spigot yet its a good time to machine up a spacer that does both cause most cert guys want the wheels hubcentric

• 3 weeks later...
if you send me a mint pic with a 1=1 scale i cud cut em out mint, i wud use 10mm if you hav to thread it

GC

I was more asking about thickness to get the correct offset, doesn't need thread tap ... i don't think.

Hmmm need a copy or AutoCAD to draw it up. taking a 1:1 pic sounds difficult. I already have a template to use for gazas mount that is the same to the housing so can copy that just need to draw something up for caliper part.

bro i mean draw it on a bit of paper 1=1

Well that would be allot easier than taking a picture one to one wouldn't it haaaaaaaahaaaaaa!

Will draw on auto cad, do a print to scale and stick on cardboard to test then get a nigger to hook a brother up / request two one for gaz also and anyone else who wants some?

What year Autocad does your CNC run off? will save it as what ever year you require as works is now spanking 2010.

Chur bow

bro i mean draw it on a bit of paper 1=1

Well that would be allot easier than taking a picture one to one wouldn't it haaaaaaaahaaaaaa!

Will draw on auto cad, do a print to scale and stick on cardboard to test then get a nigger to hook a brother up / request two one for gaz also and anyone else who wants some?

What year Autocad does your CNC run off? will save it as what ever year you require as works is now spanking 2010.

Chur bow

my auto cad runs off the ink of a pen. you draw a pic and it cuts that shit. magic eye.