Hilux diff brake settups

My name is Russell

Oh I lol.

Ill come round this weekend and help you design it boe, it will be diff to the one I have as your using a diff disc now with a diff offset, will need measuring. For sake of a dummy run you can make your own really easy with a grinder and two peices of 5mm steel (if of course you need 10mm max). Two bits of 6mm if you need 12mm etc etc.

Gaz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True need disc mounted first. Then measure from mounting lugs to center of disc. Then measure mounting points on caliper to center of caliper.

You will most prob need a step in your adaptor.

One thing id like to know is how far out o you bring the caliper? I.e where should the pads run exactly?

Gaz

im gonna be doing the s13disc and ae92 calliper to mine soon, did some rough measureing wen i got the setup and i think if you got a plate cut from 16mm? steel it would all line up pretty easy, i think the s14 are 5 stud so have a look at there disc's?

Have you made yours yet man?

nah been too busy with other teething problems from rebuild... i would think that your discs may have a different offset to my 4 stud ones tho?

i was thinking 16mm then some milling to get it perfect... but havent had my diff apart to machine axels down yet, i just run no rear brakes :lol:

just make one from wood as a test, its the easyist way :P

He means weld two peices together I think, you don't weld to the diff.

Honestly you can make them in an hour or maybe less with a grinder and steel. No machining needed! I think you need to look at mine to get an understanding. I guess they don't look as scmick but they will cost virtually nothing and are certifiable, plus if you fuck them up ya just cut some more.

On the other hand Ill prob get Manu to machine some up for me to look better!

Wonder if alloy is acceptable?

Gaz

• 4 months later...
I think these are A32 cefiro brakes. (NOT MINE)

041-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

Ok got my calipers and disks sorted cheers guys

Now trying to work out how to do the handbreak cable

And i was going to have a go at using the original hilux cable but i think the throw will be wrong as it was for drum breaks?

So im really not sure how to go about this, tried finding info etc but having no gloogle luck.

So did some drawings for your advice

90130581.png

48406202.png

Ok think i got an idea (prob how 99% of modern cars are done but news to me)

Like this so that you basicly have two seperate bike type cables coming up to the handbreak. then they can take any rout to the handbreak :mrgreen:

42255227.png

Ok so not were do i go about getting the stuff to make this :rolleyes: pick a part shal teach me how hey go i think.

EDIT

Identical to what this guys done down the bottom of his thread

http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?imgur ... tAPixam1DA

Oh lol was looking at e-brake definition

1. e-brake

the parking brake. short for emergency brake. when pulled at fast speeds, it causes the car to lose control and slide around

"hold on bro, im gonna pull the e-brake around this turn"

2. E-Brake

In a process of stroking a male, the female covers the urethra with her thumb in a fashion of pressing the e-brake button, and restricts any flow of sperm to go through, causing an emergency brake.

"Yo why you walkin like that?"

"My bitch e-braked me again, caused my sacks to pop"

emergency brake e-brake break e-break

haha

when i done my cables, just got some cables off the car the calipers come off. (ae92) so had the correct ends for the calipers. then just cut them down to length and got new ends put on them. which go into something like in pic below. those type of ends common as so easy to get done

Ok think i got an idea (prob how 99% of modern cars are done but news to me)

Like this so that you basicly have two seperate bike type cables coming up to the handbreak. then they can take any rout to the handbreak :mrgreen:

42255227.png

Ok so not were do i go about getting the stuff to make this :rolleyes: pick a part shal teach me how hey go i think.

EDIT

Identical to what this guys done down the bottom of his thread

http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?imgur ... tAPixam1DA