corona ca18det conversion

bonearona

This should probably be in tech, but your question doesn't really give us much. I assume you are wanting to know if anyone has done it so you can ask them about how they did it?

The usual applys with most conversions, you will most likely need someone to fabricate engine mounts, gearbox mounts, piping, fuel supply, the list can go on and on. A little bit more info would probably help answer your question.

I know nothing of CA18's but if there front sump its goin to be fairly straight forward. Depends on your level of skill but mounts are straight forward to make up. These cars came with a few different engines so theres a few holes to choose from for the gearbox x-memeber should'nt be much of an issue. Then fuel, intercooler, and wire it up. May need bigger brakes will have solid disks, maybe twin pots. May want a bigger diff also chances are its T-series, you need to give more info man

Dont take me wrong as I love Ca's. Own own myself infact, but if it was me I would be going the toyota route, they can be just as good if not better depending on engine choice, similar or even cheaper to buy, similar power outputs/mod response, others have done it, and the biggie, it keeps it the same manufacterer.

I guess you may already have a CA or konw of a cheap one, in which case this is irrelevant.

Gaz's 5c

sorry bowt being so blunt,um yeah well i can build all the mounts as i used to work for my dads percisson engering shop,

i was thinkn of going ca18det becos of cheap performance and im not sure wot toyota motor to use if anybody has

any ideas on wot toyota motor to use any ideas would be appercatid.

wot brake options would be best for the front?

That 3T-GTE would make for a nice conversion alright. Very easy to do, would more or less bolt straight in and give you good power straight out of the box with good tuning potential. The CA18DET would be a more modern engine with probably more tuning potential and a bigger ange of parts, but for the ease of putting the 3T in I would definitely go with that. The 3S engines will probably result in more hassle than its really worth, unless you absolutely must have a 2L turbo engine, in which case you would probably be better looking at the SR20DET.