twosmoke

Also, the speed warnings are only related to the tyre that comes on space savers, they aren't constructed in an inferior way or anything?

And probably more so the fact that you would have three wide tyres and one skinny one so they tell you to keep your speed down or else things may get awesome when cornering too fast.

Also, the speed warnings are only related to the tyre that comes on space savers, they aren't constructed in an inferior way or anything?

And probably more so the fact that you would have three wide tyres and one skinny one so they tell you to keep your speed down or else things may get awesome when cornering too fast.

yup

guys use them as front runners on drag cars, they just change the tyres

As we say everytime, send them to elite in christchurch. You can ask around at engineering places if you like but elite always end up being the cheapest and easiest way.

If you buy say, 15x8 inch centreless rims, which should be about $300 for a set of 4 then you'd be able to just get a local place to wack them together once you measure up to get the offset you require.

kind of on the same topic. does any one know of some where that does the widening in auckland?

Steel Surgeon in Ryan Place Manukau. They are right behind Manukau Vehical Service Center.

He specializes in steel wheel widening. Does a great job too.

kind of on the same topic. does any one know of some where that does the widening in auckland?

Steel Surgeon in Ryan Place Manukau. They are right behind Manukau Vehical Service Center.

thanks. will call tomo and get a price. will also let you guys know . .

Anyone got any merc steels.

I've only got one :cry:

Where about's do you pick up center less steels?

Theres a merc wrecker down these ways somewhere. Out tirau or something I think from memory. Asking there would be a good bet.

Centreless steels are often sold for agricultural use, ie trailers or ag equipment. So places like TWL or other suppliers are good places to look. You could get some random wide steels in your size, for example from a 4x4 or larger car like old falcon etc and remove the centres then use them, or elite sell centreless rims also.

thanks. will call tomo and get a price. will also let you guys know . .

good stuff, people that widen steels seem to be few and far between these days. just make sure they don't expect you to use tubes because some of the dirt track guys do it alot for offroad use only.

Haha, I was just about to say him. He doesn't normally widened rims that are destined for the street. We've used him for widening rims for our dirt track cars for years. REAL CHEAP TOO!

Dont quote me, but i believe he had done ours for $40 a wheel!!!