Goat

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

You have such an awesome set of sheds/workshops/general pissing about areas. Lucky bugger- where do you live? Country side looks nice.

Always glad to see another t car hit the road!

All my car stuff is at my olds house in the Wairarapa. We built up a ramp with dirt to get cars into the woolshed (about 1.8m from ground to floor) which is where I do most of my work. The coupe, Bellett and dad's Capri live in it at the moment. Also there's a lean-to off the side with a rough concrete pad where the tractor usually lives, but it's full of JZX at the moment lol. The other sheds are all farm stuff, oh and our half finished car trailer.

The colour looks ok, it's just the pearl is streaky/blotchy and in certain lights (most) it looks horrible. Gotta learn the hard way I guess!

• 2 months later...
Guest yoeddynz

Have you seen the miracle that is JB quick weld. Repairs steel. Can be filed. Very strong. I think your engine could be fixed with 10-12 tubes of the stuff. Sand the bores back to roughly round and squirt some wd40 on them there tight gudgeons. Replace missing piston with anything close to fit as it'll shape it own new hole.

Use aluminium tape to seal the sump back up. Sorted!

All is not lost.

• Like 2

Guest cute wee gem

Showed the pistons to the local cert man today, and it turns out he has had problems with the old fella who pressed the gudgeon pins in, unfortunately the old guy has since retired/sold his business.

Going to take them in and show the guy who bought his business out, and hope he feels sorry enough for me to help with costs for the machine work on the new build.

Now driving a terribly shit/awesome fwd 1s carb powered Corona, fucking yay me and fucking yay bank account