Cleaning/Refreshing old engine

WARTYM

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well yes but not too hard on the engine like in the video, grass should be better,.

but i might not do that now, but try some 4x4 in the drain and paddock instead.

i think you guys are interpreting it wrong, plus the start up video the high revving was because the accelerator got jammed, that wasn't meant to happen:(

reality kicked in when it first started and i saw all the smoke. there went the plans of keeping this motor untill after i get a wof for it with a new body, so im just going to have this motor till i get my new body which iv semi brought along with a 1.3 sj413 engine and gearbox

yeah man as long as you're having fun and learning something from mucking around with this motor sweet as, just as long as you realise the motor will probably never be as good as a good running one and is probably beyond economical repair.

yeah, well the skids/drifts were from over excited and start doing what my original plans were, to 4x4 this thing then re body then on the road, and a new engine at the rebody stage.

again i am very thank full of all the help i was given to get this engine running. thumbs up :wink:

and again, this is not something very serious, its a back burner project. my jeep is the main project, this is just to keep my hands dirty and learn and have fun while my jeep is at panel and paint and during the summer break.

thanks again and i see where u guys are coming from too

OK. Let's get this shit sorted out.

A) There's no such thing as a can of Compression or "Kompression". It was a bit of a laugh, you took the bait, it probably went too far. It's still funny that you went to a counter and asked for it though and not only that but the people you asked had not a fucking clue. :lol:

B) Of course your engine was smokey on startup, you squirted WD40 down the bores, it would take at least a little while for that to clear.

C) Did you turn it over a few times to build up any semblance of oil pressure before you went to firing it up?

Your friend you bought it off, told you it was smokey. Why would anyone park up a vehicle that was only a little bit smokey and leave it sitting with bits and pieces pulled off, unless they knew it wasn't a 5minute & $50 job to remedy.

It's not been running for a year, you fire it up (thankfully, you warmed it up, even though you got it hot enough to force water out the radiator) and you proceed to rev the fuck out of an engine that you know was smokey and that was likely bone dry of oil.

I bet the rings were toast before-hand and if they weren't then. They are now.

The engine will need pulled down and built up.

Like I said... from the start. You'll be better getting another one on the cheap with an engine that isn't fucked and a body that isn't fucked. Even if the chassis is good, like you seem to think it is (I personally doubt it would be), then you're still left with what? A money pit.

At best what you've got is drive-line spares for another one.

Do whatever makes you happy bro. Just remember, it's only a car/variation on car
QFT.

Good on you for having a go Wartym. You have certainly made that engine look a heck of a lot better. Just don't spend much money on it and have a bit of fun learning on something disposable like this 410 (no offence meant) and the skills will come in handy for the Mahindra/marrige/life/fatherhood/taxation issues

reality kicked in when it first started and i saw all the smoke. there went the plans of keeping this motor untill after i get a wof

reality had kicked in for a lot of us a lot earlier

hope you learn from this

maybe something along along the lines of... leaving a engine in the weather for a year wont make it stop smoking..... and perhaps that when someone leaves it in that condition ... its probably past repair

good luck with the rest of the project ... just hope you get more realistic

That engine's never gonna be good bro, and engine work will very quickly add up to well over what a new engine is worth.

Padockbash the tits off it, make some cool videos of skids/jumps/4x4ing till it dies, then get your $20 scrap value for the block and buy a box of Doh-bro to celebrate