sandblasting bodyshells

Testament

i strongly suggest paying for acid dipping. It gets everywhere! it would be amazing!

they neutralise it and then dip it in primer so all is primered. Theres a place in rotorua last i checked.

I did sand blasting, and it worked really well but if i had the chance again i would opt for acid dipping. Less warp, can get the roof, don't have sand falling out the car for months etc etc

cost me $750 in west auckland (wouldn't ever use them again)

Callum did soda blasting and hated it so i wouldnt go that way either.

Acid dipping seems to be the way to go man..

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Callum did soda blasting and hated it so i wouldnt go that way either.

He pm'd me about this and said the guy did a real hash and didnt wash it up the correct way so It was the opperators fault.

Im very keen on dipping especially if they can di[p it a etch primer, have to start looking for places and prices to get it done

Seriously, get some bunnings warehouse general purpose paint stripper.

It is the best shit ever, took my car back to bare metal right before my eyes, and left it perfectly smooth underneath.

And oddly enough, automotive paint stripper that I had used previously made my panels go rusty looking, and smeared all the paint into goo.

Bunnings warehouse paint stripper made my paint almost explode off, and was super easy to clean up, and obviously wasnt water based, or whatever.

It's one of those "Christ I cant believe I wasted so much time up to this point with a wire brush" kind of things :P

Assuming Fiat paint is anything like Toyota paint, that is.

yeah just went there and got some today and it is totally i cannot beleive its not butter. just started shrivveling up after about 30s. Any tips for scraping it off? like the big areas are easy just contours etc. maybe i just need to find a smaller scraper.

Selleys Kwikstrip is what this one I got is called.

^ you'll find most old cars if you cut them open are pretty much bare metal in alot of seams anyway. As i think i said theres trick little hose spray guns that can get pretty much every where and just spray some kind of rust preventative everywhere

yeas thats true for nz assembled leones. when i was cutting my parts ones up they where just sometimes bare shinney metal then in others parts just rusty. they only rust proffed by hand. so they just did where they could reach