Zeb's MkII

Brock-Lee

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^yuhh seeing as these wheels aren't exactly made for road cars that's likely what I'll have to do.

But yeah, hardly worried if I never were to get a cert on this thing. I just wanna see what it will look like haha.

It'll be easy, I just need to find wide enough tyres for cert,

Eagers come in anything wider than 245/50? Need at least a 255 for a 10", and a 295 for the 12"

And Radial T/As come in a 295/60 or something? They 'll massive profile of course, but get cert on them, put decent tyres on, slam more and raise where flare is mounted to keep height measurement correct, eazy

Bags are gay, have adjustables up front but tbh a 30 profile should do enough lowering for me up there, and swapping rear springs in these is like the easiest thing ever and I've got a few pairs

I was thinking for ease of actually using it on the road/less law enforcement annoyances.

Yeeeuuuck though, can you imagine a 295/60. Jeeeziz. I imagine that would be T-Bucket styles.

Does the tire profile not get mentioned on the cert. plate?

It might be something to enquire about. Especially given the new requirements for size. Policemen might not always be able to find a rim measurement but it would take a pretty retarded one to not find the tyre size.

Will definitely work in your favour if it still doesn't though.

Quite keen to see a car with those flares on. Do it, Do it, Do it.

I would consider the Proto-Race 110 flares were they available, problem being that rim width is already fairly high/capable of being high in standard GT-R flares and arches, with an extra 3 odd inches outwards it would be insane.

I cant seem to think why they want the tyre to be wider then the rim, surely sitting it flush is just the same

An 8" rim is 8" from bead to bead, the further lip on each end usually equates to a further half an inch. So the tread of a 215 treadwidth tyre is equal or close to equal to the complete width of the wheel as opposed to the bead width.

I think with this new requirement in mind, profile and sidewall design will be what makes and breaks the "looks" of a tyre.

Depending on the sidewall design and profile measurement, a 215 would be flush on an 8" rim.

Wouldn't bags make this thing wallow around like a pregnant whale?

Do whales even get pregnant??

Besides, bags are for hags, switches for da bitches.

I like the direction that this is going in. 'bout time someone did one right