s11 silvia diff

AndyGal

I have just a got my hands on a shortened diff for my z18et datsun 1200 sedan. Its out of a s11 silvia turbo It has an alloy navara head and is open with a 4.6 ratio. Does anyone know of an lsd I could find for this? Apparently they are pretty rare? And what will a 4.6 ratio be like on the street? My diff is standard at the mo a 3.9 which is pretty good ( its a street car) and 4.6 is a lot higher than this.

Thanks Andy

s110's (i assume thats what your talking about) came out with h series diffs in them. So it will either be an h165 which is the same as the 1200 ute diff, and to get a LSD centre for that your looking a about 1k minimum. Or it will be an h190 and I suspect prices will be just as high

EDIT: just read through your post agian, to have a navara head in there you will have an H190. As for LSD's you can buy them as I say above but the price can be somewhat scary....

depends on your tire circumference as well 13s are obviously going to make it feel like a low diff but ,

depending on your stz 17s would lift the ratio back up,

ie you have dropped the ratio by 15 odd % so if you increase tire size by that it will be the same,

A few S110's had solid rears. Namely L18 powered ones=H190/(and the 240RS hell yeah-H225).

I have done a few bit of research into Nissan solid LSD for my old VB210.

Basically the easiest way to find one is to buy a Nismo LSD unit, they show up on Ebay/trademe from time to time.

Rumoured LSD solid diffs sources are Nissan Vanette/Largo 4x4. I have only come across one 4x4 at a wreckers and it wasn't LSD.

Navara Diffs are most larger overall and will soak up a bit of the grunt your Z18ET pumps out.

IFAIK, only The 4X4 navara's had the H190 LSD. Even then, only some of them had them. I believe a bloke named TOPGEAR, at 1200.com was going to make some torsen units for the H190. But they cost lots. I've NEVER come across a vannete which had an LSD.

With your sleeper 13's and those gears, your going to fry tyres like there's no tommorow. It wont be hard to find another head with a more street friendly ratio. The Aussies at 1200.com say that the series 3 bluebirds had the H190. But as I understand it, they have a different axle spline to the Vannetes, which use the same spline as the H165.

Maybe the 240/260C's use an h190 too. skidmarks John mite have his old diff. This could be a steeper ratio. I think Mark still has the diff out of Yvette's 620 ute. Either way they aren't hard to find.

^yuh, 910 bluebird wagons alos came with h190's, Im not sure about the ratios that were on offer tho...

Only the S3 bluebirds had the H190's. All the rest were H165's. I've pulled a few '165's out of bluebirds. The 2ltr wagons had the sought after "street friendly" 3.9:1. I've had a few of those. With your tyre combo Andy, you'd almost want to find a 3.7:1. Although I'm not sure if that ratio was an option. It's certainly a rare find in the H150 series.

I'm seeing John this weekend. I'll ask him about his old diff then. Might not have the alloy carrier though.....