Ultra dudd 2000's '79 Cressida Coupe

Goat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THATS EXACTLY RIGHT.

you see, the man is in charge of the corporations. and the corporations be hating on punks with cars. so they go to "the man" that deals out the WOFs. And the corporations, well they're all corporation-y. Since they be hatin, then the wof man be hatin, and in turn we all hatin.

• 8 months later...

I wonder if the fuel is over heating. like getting warm as after shooting up to the engine, then back to the tank, at a mad rate. You might need a fuel cooler.

have had same problem with my car, it gets worse if the fuel level is low, and im tootling around slowly, as the pump just hoons the fuel round and round. fill up with gas and give it berries and problem goes away as fuel gets colder

That's a damn good point ya have there. I would also explain why on some days it wouldn't start stuttering till later in the drive which was probably on colder days.

I'm gona see if I can get my hands on a spare/second hand oil cooler and dodgey it up for a gas cooler with a fan mounted on it behind the grill. if it works, then I'll spend the cash and get a permanent non-fireball setup.

Do some googling on the subject - surely there would be a better way of cooling the fuel than running it through an oil cooler? Something like a heat sink?

How are your fuel lines run? I've always though in cabin or rubber lines would get warmer than metal lines run under the car. Never thought it would cause a problem though.

Try running a super full tank and seeing if it takes longer to cause a problem/too jew?

Cheers dude! Always trying my hardest to make it as swoon-worthy as poss :)

I had a geeze at the fuel lines, and they enter into the engine bay right next to one of the exhaust headers which can't help the heat at all. I have some spare heat wrap that I'm thinking of wrapping those headers in first.

Question is - would heat wrap make a huge difference in external temperature? Was also thinking of making up a bit of a heat shield out of tin or similar too.. thoughts?

Could make a gas tank out of an old fridge if it gets super bad maybe.. hmm

The new pump is a Walbro GSS342 in-tank pump that can crank 255lph (litres per hour?). This new pump can fill a bucket up with gas heaps fasterer than the old VL(?) one.

Yeah it only does the stuttering when hot and does it when its idling along, idling while standing still and while accelerating - but only while hot. I took it for another drive yesterday and was being very gentle with the go pedal and only putting around to see if I could prolong the stutter.. surely enough I was able to go a fair bit further before it started acting up.

So plan this weekend is: wrap the passenger side header in heat wrap, cable tie the fuel lines up and out of the way (the filter is sitting on the cam cover, can't be good for it) and then possibly try make a bit of a heat shield.

If it still plays up then at least we'll know it shouldn't be a hot fuel problem. Cross your fingers

So plan this weekend is: wrap the passenger side header in heat wrap, cable tie the fuel lines up and out of the way (the filter is sitting on the cam cover, can't be good for it) and then possibly try make a bit of a heat shield.

Shit, it's still playing up. Either the petrol is still getting too hot when passing through the engine.. or its ECU related or something. Would it be worth looking to clean out the injectors?