Goat

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vintage Grumble

Also, looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better with out the rack on the back/silly exhaust tip/over size flares btw. Good work son.

Guest mikuni

Ultra duds, I just read the actual update and I have a suggestion that I think you should consider.

PLEASE just do either panel work or mechanical work, not both. If you strip the paint down, remove the loom intending to wire in a link and pull the diff out I almost gauranty it will get too big a task, you'll lose motivation and flag at least for a long while. This I would hate to see. I really think it would be a good idea to focus on one massive task at a time. Either do panel/paint, link OR diff, not all at once.

Just putting it out there.

• Like 4

Guest Snoozin

Can't empathise with Brad's comment enough... ask me how I know, go on... :(

The period race livery theme is SO good... I've seen some shots of H230 Cedric hardtops that ran in what appears to be a psuedo-Nascar style series in Japan during the 70's, I reckon a livery inspired by that would be amazing, maybe use a Tosco theme or something?

Guest Duddley

Yeah brad your right. I lost motivation for this when I couldn't find the right flares. So if something goes slightly wrong with rust repairs then it'd be catastrophic to my motivation let alone ecu and all that. PANEL/PAINT FIRST!

I'm super liking the period correct livery.. BUUUUUUUUUT.. Cressida's were marketed as luxury cruising mobiles (the lexuses before lexus). So for historical purposes, I don't think it could be that suiting?! Although nor is slapping v8s and shakotan flares/wheels on it. hmmm..

wheels-camryrace-blog480.jpg

BL_0274.jpg

Guest mikuni

Obviously if you're going manual and link, then it is soon to be sucking through 8 throttles, so it would seem a race theme is the next logical step.

Don't fight it duds, embrace it.

Guest Duddley
Don't fight it duds, embrace it.

I just remembered that you used to own this thing. You're trying to re-live your fantasies through me! arrghghh!!

But yeeeeeah you fullas be right. Lets look at putting stripes and a pedobear on there full time