Broccoli's Datsun 1200 ute

solidstripe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK.

I have been sick for the past 2 days and so between vomits I have been trying to work on my car.

Got one of the pivot points boxed up/just tacked ready to final weld this evening, set up the mig, flipped my helmet down and then threw everything away in disgust as I realised I had forgotten to paint underneath the plates so I had to cut all my tacks off and start again.

Tomorrow should see some sweet progress/probably go fishing again.

Yeah that section of rail is poked/where water got trapped between bump mount and rail. I will be cutting that out for notch so iot will all be replaced anyways.

Tomorrow should see some sweet progress/probably go fishing again.

Thats Bay of plenty Life for you !!!

good to see some progress

Oath, today was shit weather so the car won :lol:

May have missed it but are you moving the front eye up too?

Only reason I say is by moving the back spring eye mount only up you increase roll understeer which means the harder you corner (more body roll) the more in will understeer. Not ideal, but whether you have changed it enough to make it understeer a apprciable amount more than a stock 1200 I couldnt say.

Yeah, old man has a 68 corvette shaped shelf.

That bike is destined for lushness/sitting in a shed forever a long with all my other hopes and dreams.

This is Dave btw, it wont let me log in at work with my own name without blocking the website :lol: