Pog’s X1/9

Muzzie

mean jsut caught up on progress. and you rule, heavily.

sweet car bro. so quirky. I'd roll one like heck/i really want one now. haven't owned a fiat yet lol. I've got a fiat key for my vespa though :?

You are too kind.

I have had a few Fiats now and they just seem to push all the right buttons + they have the perfect amount of unreliability, so there is always something useful to do to them.

Keeps you off the streets.

I once had a rear tyre blow out on a Vespa at 100km/hr - I may have leaked a bit of wees out while distracted by my imminent death.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yo dude...

very nice looking x1/9. have owned 3 of these in the past 12 years. such fun cars to drive and probably on of the best handling cars i've ever driven. Any recent piccies? also who owns the red dino spyder? my old man has a dino spyder 2.0 in restoration! If you need any x1/9 bits, dash, trims, heater boxs, we've got a tonne lying around. A late friend of ours had a X1/9 prototipo replica up here in rotorua, also did targa a few times in his x1/9. Also had prob on of the best road going x1/9s in the country. Had a uno turbo motor in it.

yo dude...

very nice looking x1/9. have owned 3 of these in the past 12 years. such fun cars to drive and probably on of the best handling cars i've ever driven. Any recent piccies? also who owns the red dino spyder? my old man has a dino spyder 2.0 in restoration! If you need any x1/9 bits, dash, trims, heater boxs, we've got a tonne lying around. A late friend of ours had a X1/9 prototipo replica up here in rotorua, also did targa a few times in his x1/9. Also had prob on of the best road going x1/9s in the country. Had a uno turbo motor in it.

They are fun for sure, even quick trips down to the shops seem to take you much longer than in normal cars and for some reason the shops need to be got at from random directions where the roads just happened to be twisty...

The only bits I am looking for at the mo are a set of unoT brakes, or at least I would be if I had any spare $ - the car came with a whole stack of spares and trim bits so I am pretty sweet for all that, but it is good to know that bits might be out there if needed although there is a dude here in chch who is doing a full resto on one - have lost his number tho :(

No idea who owns the Dino, but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find out if you needed - are you after some parts..?

I still miss my 124CC.....and yours looks an order of magnitude tidier than mine ever did.

• 4 weeks later...

Question is how to get it looking so sweet? I am sure a few cans of ripco matty B would cover it and look shithouse - which is about my level of care when it comes to paint.

But how to make it look like that? I demand advice now bitches.

• 7 months later...

Not sure I got them through autobend on a mates account. They were around $20 each i think. I used 8 all up. Header including flange and all the other bits of material would have cost around about $250 give or take

mine aren't as equal length as yours unfortunately. They are also too long but will be fine for now.

Primaries are 1.75" no1=600mm no2=640mm no3=640mm no4=680mm. My secondaries are 2" and one is 520 and the other is 600.

would have liked to have got them more equal and a bit shorter but due to them being a cunty place they kind of just ended up being what they were going to be!

I'm a constant fan of your work. i like the way you just tackle stuff, even if your not sure of what your doing or how it will pan out, but you get stuck in anyway. top work!!

my mate has one of these that I'm about to start helping him with. i believe you bought some bumpers off him or something, his name is Rob. anywho, keep on with the development work.

sheepers.

being a cunty place they kind of just ended up being what they were going to be!

It is the way, I did all mine in CAD first and it took about 6 iterations to get to the point where they looked like being even vaguely sensible. I was lucky that there was a niceish equal length solution for the length of primaries I needed.

I'm a constant fan of your work. i like the way you just tackle stuff, even if your not sure of what your doing or how it will pan out, but you get stuck in anyway. top work!!

my mate has one of these that I'm about to start helping him with. i believe you bought some bumpers off him or something, his name is Rob. anywho, keep on with the development work.

sheepers.

Yes have talked/emailed Rob a fair bit we swapped a whole lot of parts a while ago...was stoked to get the little bumpers off him as they are hard to come by - but he got an X1/9 gearbox which is also pretty hard to come by...

As for how I go about things, I am a mechanical engineer so I find it pretty easy to convince myself that I know what I am doing :wink: I find blaming other people when it turns to shit works pretty well though

I have ensured that the headers will be a success as they were so shithouse to begin with that what I have done can be no worse, but thanks for your comments.... :D

Yeah I modeled mine in CAD too, (we have both solidedge and inventor at work) but ended up making them completely different when I realised that the water outlet and dizzy were completely in the way of number one. I was also slightly suspect as too whether my model actually had the secondaries go straight out between the fire wall, chassis rail, idler arm and bell housing (as you can see from the picture it gets quite tight through there.

These will do for now anyway. I'm going to build up another sr20 with cams and possibly Individual throttle bodies once its up and running and certed so i'll see how these ones go on that motor and go from there. First manifold i've made so not too bad.

I'm also the same as you I can't bear to part with my money to get someone else to do the job, instead i'll spend twice as much buying all the tools required and do it myself! :)

Where abouts do you work?