4G63 questions

lowlancer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignition computer is like a hundred bucks from Jaycar, looked into it yesterday, so way better option

Also found a place in the states that has the flanges pre=cut in s/steel or aluminium for about $70 NZ

Still not sure whether to do it.

If you've come here looking for the voice of reason, then your shite out of luck.....

DO IT>>>> :lol:

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5133&highlight=

some shots on here of what i did, basically i used a datsun 180b thermostat housing that sandwiches a 10mm adaptor plate to the head, 2 of the 3 botls go through the thermo hoouasing and the adaptor plate, the 3rd goes through just the adaptor plate. This aims the water pipe down towards the starter motor (had to add an air bleed here to prevent air pockets) off the thermo housing a 90 degree rubber hose runs arouund, underneath the inlet manifold and into a remote thermostat housing (no thermostat in it ,but has water temp sensor for gauge and ecu), from this it is a simple right angle bend up to the radiator top pipe. I think the pictures on the build thread are of the setup before i popped the HG and top hose. I'll see if i can snap some more this week.

Flatslides are where its at, more expensive though usually.

Keihin and Mikuni seem to be the used mostly for bike carbed cars

32's wouldn't be all bad as most bike carbs don't have tiny chokes (at least from what I've seen) where as most 40mm webers etc have 32-36mm chokes anyway