Solidstripes 1979 Nissan Cedric

danger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That 'secret switch' isnt for an electric aerial is it?

Mine had a secret switch (or so the owner before me said) but i just followed the wires through the firewall and they ended up at the electric aerial.

Your gonna have a cunt of a time if you do decide to flare those guards just because of the way the metal around the edge is shaped.

Definitely. Reckon bolt on flares my be the easiest and best way to go anyway. But then the front may look a little silly, I dunno. Would prefer the look of it all one piece with the body. More subtle. But yeh, big riveted on flares could look mean. Shit I dunno.

Dangit! It just looks mean any angle you look at it!! :D Though I'm a little biased... Yeah, I'm thinking of getting bolt on flares then molding them into the body if need be. Depends on how skinny a tyre I can put on it/rubbage/clearence etc.

Edit: Just seen a pair of 10" wide rims on trademe with 225's on them, and no where near as much stretch as I was thinking. So I'm thinking I'll try 215's/205's and go from there.

There's a lot more involved with tyre stretching than just picking the skinniest tyres, you need to be paying more attention to the shape of the sidewall. If a tyre has a rounded sidewall to begin with, it's never going to look any good. 225's is pretty close to the limits on a 10" wide rim, anything narrower & you're just going to have constant issues with them

I reckon you're gonna have to cut your guards up bro. Will be worth it though

Too right!! If he that dude has modifyed his guards, he's done a awesome job of it. Since it's the only place missing the chrome trim I'm wouldn't be suprised if somethings been done to it only than rolling. Nice job if he has cause it looks stock.

Yeh far from it. Guards on that thing aren't rolled or flared or anything, it's all on the inside.

330kai1.ford9sam.JPG330kai3.ford9-2sum.JPG

See all that space in the rear wheel well? Compared to the front?:

11302003-1.JPG

01underback.JPG

Cheers for all those mate, they can be added to my growing cedric collection! Seen a few, but allways good to see again!

In the pictures of the undercarigde, is that ceddy running airbags or shocks?

Is shortining the back axle a legal (need to be certed) issue for a WoF? Even if it's like, a inch or two each side.

So I'd have to change the whole rear end? Can't just hack the back axle's back? Yeah, going to have to LSD it cause the plan ATM is to put a L28et (280zx) in after the paint job. Mate that up to the L20et manual conversion I allready have and then run it to some sort of lsd rear end.

15x10's on the front?! :shock: Mate!! Cheers for the pic, allways good to get a idea. Twas talking to a mate the other day who suggested a skiny tyre (215ish) with a bigger profile so the the side wall stretchs in a bit as this could help a bit. Sounds good in theroy, what do you guys in the know think?