Solidstripes 1979 Nissan Cedric

danger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're building a L28ET you're more likely to upgrade the turbo and all manner of other crap than you are to use standard things anyway, surely. I'm sure stagefumer had more power than that in his L20ET with a few basic mods, also with a L28 you get stacks of torque and that's where the fun is.

Yeah I know but money/power wise surely it'd be better to build/buy a RB30. I'm not say l28's are a bad engine, it's just that if I was after cheap power a RB would be the go, rather than having to upgrade everything on an L to bring it up to the stock power (or low tune) of a RB.

Yeh, then how powerful did you expect an L28ET to be?

Btw, RB = oh fuck yes. But still, for cruising.

Thought it be at more than that for sure. Or is that a ATW quote (180hp) rather than a fly? And cruising? Who knows, I might just tub the back and chuck some eagers on it just to spite ya!! :lol:

• 3 months later...

Just skimmed through your thread. I used to do Japanese, but never enough to know more than one or two of the complicated characters. I can only make out the rest of the mystery switch label!

P1050225.jpg

But I subjected myself to deciphering hell just for you.

"chuusha toki handobureeki

o (benyoo?) shinai baai wa,

migigawa no suicchi o OFF

ni shite kudasai"

I think it means:

When parking in places where the handbrake is not used, please turn the switch on the right hand side to 'OFF'.

Maybe it disables the handbrake warning alarm so the car won't hassle you and drain the battery. :?

Anyhow. It relates to the handbrake. :P

Mr Thousand Doller Super Car - Your a winner!! Cheers so much for that!! It's been bugging me for ages!! Even yesterday people were asking what it was! Doesn't seem to actively do anything when parked or moving so I'm wondering if it still works and does what it's supposed to. All the rest of the electrics do so I'd be supprised if it's broke. But at any rate, YOUR THE MAN!!! (or lady, if so, my bad.) :D

Does anything happen when you disobey it (park with the handbrake off and the switch on, the car in neutral and the keys out)? Maybe it does something subtle like lock the steering, lock the transmission in Park etc. Pretty random switch, and the label doesn't actually describe its function just when to use it..

Maybe it just brings good fortune. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...