Anyone used a Home Gym to Lift an Engine out of a car?

Chrome_GT

I know this is completely fucked up but has anyone tried using a homegym for engine removal?

dscf4323gd8.jpg

The process

1)remove the seat under the lat pulldown

2)push front of car under the lats pull down pulley (must be a short nose like my mini)

3)attach hook

4)load up maximum weight approx 70kg i think

5)Two people pull down hook against 70kg to meet engine hooking point

Now 70kg is taken up by the home gym. Mini engine/trans assy is approx 150kg so required lifting 80kg

6)Two people lift 40kg each. 40+40+70=150

7) a 3rd person pushes car out of the way

8.) lower engine into a wheel barrow or onto a table.

As long as the engine isn't left to hang while the weights are at there upwards limit of travel the home gym shouldn't break :)

I'lll let u know if i try it, anyway to hire a crane is $20 per day so a ot less hassle. Will definitely hire when installing the engine as need more control then.

Has anyone done any other engine lifts with anything weird?

Haha, some people.. Ya say the engine is only up for a short amount of time so it wont break the beanch. Things always get caught up and tangled when pulling engines out. If ya want to keep using the gym and feel safe I would just spend $20.

haha

Yeah it is dodgy. Theres no way the thing will get damaged as it will only ever be supporting 70kg unless the weights reach full travel and then there is 220kg suspended by the machine :? . Not anything to do with time in the air. but ya know - it was a middle of the night idea. I even drew some free body diagrams haha. Was worth putting on here though for a laugh. :lol:

Since finding out the others are$20 then I'm likely to do that anyway.

i once removed the cab of my ute to put the engine/box in...then lifted the cab back on..haha...

ive also seen someone completely pull thier engine apart to get it out..it was just the block by itself when it came out...weak arse couldnt even lift that by himself..