3'' single or twin

davidian

supe dudes.. so yeah i'll have to deal to one muffler for wof so i thought UPGRADE TIME.

so, the engine is VG30DETT i want to go 3''. should i go single (off both turbos into 1) or 3'' twin? im worried that 3'' twin system would be tumeke for the motor.

any ideas?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woolf automotive are good, its not modified at all?

yuh, spoke to woolf. kinda the most expensive option @ 1000-1500 however, quality and mandrel . reckoned its gona drone like a cunt. which is bad

BuT

its gona flow nice and also eyeing up a ECU which requires a 3'' system to work well (ref. meth :twisted: ).

Pit Stop quoted 750-850 for a 3'' of ea turbo into 2½/3'' single w/ resonator and muffler at end (still have to check the choice tho). reckoned 3'' twins a definite waste of time.

Mr. Muffler around 900 i think

Ill go have a look at a place called Geddes in the wekend if im in town.

cheers

at this stage looks like 2 3''s into one 3''.

the ecu chip dude said the downpipe install is an engine out job. car is too low/crammed to have a look and confirm so ill have to wait to get it on a hoist.

however 3''+ 12-14psi+ chip should be fun

standard

T2/2.5s i believe

more boost+pod+chip next week. looking at 12-14 psi

3 inch is huge for them. With a turbo exhaust you want the exhaust to have a little back pressure as possible, the reason for this is the greater pressure difference across the turbine the more potential there is for flow. I've also been told that if you go too big it can actually increase back pressure because of the volume of cooling exhaust gases. I'd have gone with 2 in at most my self but I've done fuk all exhaust tuning. A friend swears by plumbing in points where he can plug in a pressure gauge to measure exhaust back pressure.

I ran a 3 inch on my V8 and I bet it was making less power than your VG is. I'll be interested to hear what you think!

new-EX-01.jpg

new-ex-02.jpg

hmm true,

im going mostly by what ive been reading on the z forums. aslo the ecu dude (who several people on the forum seem to be happy as with) swears by 3'' straight off the turb into one, but dont really wanna rip the engine out (bay is packed as all fuck) so prob just go off the manifolds like in your pic. pretty much same as you got there.

Also the exhaust guys i been talking to reckon 3 is good for it, smaller like 2¼ if it was twins.

cheer man