3'' single or twin

davidian

hmm true,

im going mostly by what ive been reading on the z forums. aslo the ecu dude (who several people on the forum seem to be happy as with) swears by 3'' straight off the turb into one, but dont really wanna rip the engine out (bay is packed as all fuck) so prob just go off the manifolds like in your pic. pretty much same as you got there.

Also the exhaust guys i been talking to reckon 3 is good for it, smaller like 2¼ if it was twins.

cheer man

Nothing beats actual experance!

My VG is a DET so it will be running a single exhaust from the turbo back, hell interested to see what you think sound and power wise :wink:

The 3 inch was all good on the clevo.... mainly for aureal pleasure 8)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting about the cooling gasses further down tho. wasnt aware of it. i was thinking the cooler you keep it the better

Bigger diameter exhaust = more volume = slower gas spped = more time for ex gases to cool down, cooler = more dense (just like intakes) more dense = heaver so to push it out takes more energy.

So you can see how if an exhaust is too big it can cause back pressure. how much depends on all sorts of things which is why Gary likes running access points on his exhaust so he can measure it. This is all upper end bleed every last HP stuff and still argued about IIRC.

interesting about the cooling gasses further down tho. wasnt aware of it. i was thinking the cooler you keep it the better

Bigger diameter exhaust = more volume = slower gas spped = more time for ex gases to cool down, cooler = more dense (just like intakes) more dense = heaver so to push it out takes more energy.

So you can see how if an exhaust is too big it can cause back pressure. how much depends on all sorts of things which is why Gary likes running access points on his exhaust so he can measure it. This is all upper end bleed every last HP stuff and still argued about IIRC.

true. true, makes perfect sence. will see tho in practice if its good or bad i guess. let you know.

Im picking it wont be too loud with the turbos and all, and the 6 sounds so damn nice even std.

what turbo you gonna run on yours anyways?

as far as power goes im not expecting tooo much from just the exhaust, more about it working with a pod and boost/ecu tweek later. shall dyno it as well once its all sorted this month

what turbo you gonna run on yours anyways?

Good ol' T3 .68 ex housing and a T4 compressor.... still havn't been able to ID the compressor wheel but looks good for 400-500 hp

as far as power goes im not expecting tooo much from just the exhaust, more about it working with a pod and boost/ecu tweek later. shall dyno it as well once its all sorted this month

Awes can wait to see your results!

MM VG30. Run twin GT35/40r's :P:twisted::P

I wish!

....I brought a twin turbo setup and it doesn't fit the heads :( the DET runs the NA heads not the TT heads. Didn't really matter as the turbo hit the steering :(

So, who wants to give me their AFM for $10?

Sorry never had it.

BTW did you get my email?

Think the De ones were the old ones.

What ya going to use the N/A engine in?

If going N/a Id try find the later one with a couple extra valves :lol:

Not so important on turbs as ya just up the boost. Ahh the joy of a turb

Think the De ones were the old ones.

What ya going to use the N/A engine in?

I brought it for $500 as I needed a flywheel and the sump/pickup. The one had had the well at the wrong end.

If going N/a Id try find the later one with a couple extra valves :lol:

It's got 24 all ready!

Not so important on turbs as ya just up the boost. Ahh the joy of a turb

Forced induction allllllllll the way :twisted: .....I have to keep talking myself out of supercharging the van.

dont know if theres been more engine changes, but i think in 95 they changed to non variable timing units. was reading on some site the best ones are 93-95 but fuck knows, its all "web info" 8):P

I know the DE, and the DET exhaust manifolds are the same but the DETT has different stud patern on the drivers side.... I'm happy I have the adjustable cam setup :wink:

Yuh damn web info, at the mo im trying to find out about ca18det cam or cams upgrades from the ca18de or ca16de... keep running into contradictions so end of the day I dunno whats what!

Damn I love Nissan

Ring keford!

Nah dont wanna waste Snows time. I dont want aftermarket grind.. Juts want to use ca16 or ca18de camss in my det.

yea so um.. please tell me this is in the eskyho?! standstill in 5th??!

hah, nah bro.. wouldnt fit :P, nah still going with the sidies, just got sidetracked doing every freakin thing else

meth, that one is N/A :(

Yeh, he said it doesnt matter once its chipped weather it was NA or turbs.