3'' single or twin

davidian

Nah dont wanna waste Snows time.

Ask for PK and tell him you are a ford sicko and I sent ya :wink:

I dont want aftermarket grind.. Juts want to use ca16 or ca18de camss in my det.

Doing the same with my VG .....well to start with :twisted:

Cheers bro, I think ill nut this one out myself, but when I need the cam for the pinto Ill def be giving them a call.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
yuh pretty happy with the work

had a ROM put in and boost jets, but for some reason the car only runs safety boost. gotta figure that out... dont really wanna get boost control and it still keeps running safety

Check engine light on?

Are boost jets a restrictor in the line feeding the wastegate actuator????

Are you running a boost and AFR gauge?

light isnt on.. nope

Hmmmm I'd have thought it would have if it's limiting boost... actually does it have the same setup as a silvia where a solenoid controlls the hi/low boost. May be the solenoid isn't working/connected. The ECU might be thinking it's opened the solenoids when it actually hasn't.

boost jets.. yup. pretty sure that's the line theyre in

I hope you didn't pay alot for them as I just use carb jets...

and i had someone elses boost guage in there, thats how we figured its low. no boost/AFR guage in there now but i am getting them this week hopefully with a pod

Sweet, first rule of modified turbo cars is you must have an AFR, Boost gauge and fire extinguisher :wink:

hah cheers

yea.. paid $20 for the jets...

Hmmmm I'd have thought it would have if it's limiting boost... actually does it have the same setup as a silvia where a solenoid controlls the hi/low boost. May be the solenoid isn't working/connected. The ECU might be thinking it's opened the solenoids when it actually hasn't.

not sure on the silvias, but yes it does have solenoids. No idea how to trick them.

Supposed to see the guy this week for another ECU.. similar tune, diferent manufacture. so that MAY sort it out. we shall see i guess

not sure on the silvias, but yes it does have solenoids. No idea how to trick them.

Supposed to see the guy this week for another ECU.. similar tune, diferent manufacture. so that MAY sort it out. we shall see i guess

I'd guess they are the same as the silvia, the wastegate is the low boost setting 7-8psi. All the solenoid does is bleed pressure off, I'm guessing if you follow the line that has the boost jet you'll hit the output from the solenoid. Check the solenoid is plugged in.