CMASUR's 78 Lancer Colt

Gaz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks. i just picked up the car on wednesday so it might have been the old owner, he was from jville, now its with me out whitby ways. ill get some more pics after next weekend when i tint it.

its gona be my daily driver and summer cruzer so people from welly should see out alot.

Cheers.

hey methodz, u got a p plate on your car? i work at repco in kilbirnie. we had a mint mk1 come in a few weeks back, thought it mighta been u?

fuken nice colt man! take care of it. would be good to see it cruising round :D

Yeap would have been me. I live in Kilbirnie.

ESCRTD plate. Silver.

thanks guys

yea its dam straight, as for wat i payed lets just say it was enough, so far everyone ive told has said i payed to much but hey i got a preety mint car for my cash so im happy.

yea im sure is dohc i opened up the oil cap and sure enough theres 2 cam shafts in there, will have a look tomorrow for engine number.

engine bay pics dont do the car justice as its not painted under there lol one day ill get around toi ripping the engine out and spraying in there, but for now its good.

Low lancer could you hook me up with some sites you know? ive tried some mitsi forums but all i can find on them is evos and EX lancers, nothing for my lancer. cheers

Are you absolutely sure it's a DOHC engine? If it's a 1600cc DOHC (ie a 4G32 from a GTO MR) it will say DOHC on the rocker cover. Are you sure you aren't confusing the rocker arm shafts for cam shafts?

Post pics of the engine bay and I will tell you what engine it has.

cheers guys, i wasnt sure, just a mate told me good to know, im pretty keen to get some lumpy cams for it.

eventually some sort of engine conversion but as i only have basic mechanical skills/knowledge then thats gona be a hard one lol

im also planning on getting it a bit lower, resetting the leafs and compressing the springs if i can find somewhere who does it.

cheers guys, i wasnt sure, just a mate told me good to know, im pretty keen to get a lumpy cam for it.

eventually some sort of engine conversion but as i only have basic mechanical skills/knowledge then thats gona be a hard one lol

4G63T out of a VR4 would be mint!