CMASUR's 78 Lancer Colt

Gaz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at the moment the leafs are standard with 70mm blocks and jamex springs in the front and its a bouncey fucker. and im not happy with it i want it lower so god knows what its gona be like when its lower.

cutties are really stupid aye done that before, will never do it again.

gona get the leafs reset and fronts compressed so the top of the rim meets the guard then ill be happy :twisted:

with all this talk of compressing springs... i wonder if we could set up a "group buy" tyoe discount thing with someone?

If you want a spongie shitty ride, with springs that sag with any extra weight in the car, yeah.

Otherwise just get some made custom with a nice spring rate. Theres been heaps of threads in the past about compressing springs and its not the one.

Kings are shit.

$70 to compress front two springs, $300 to get two customs ones made.

$60 to buy blocks and ubolts, $300 to reset.

Custom springs or some aftermarket brand are better yes, but depending on what type of driving you are doing depends on what type of spring. Id use compressed if I was mainly driving around town and the odd fang on windies, Prob use kings for the same purpose. Custom is good for adjustables or if you go track or regular driving on windies. Depends what ya got top spend aswell supose.... way off thread. yuh

I have used blocks to get the right height, now I will reset the leaves. Im going to run compressed in the front of Cortina still tho... unless it is real shit which I doubt. Perhaps it depends on the spring that gets compressed in the first place?

• 2 months later...