CMASUR's 78 Lancer Colt

Gaz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha thats the whole point in having cars like ours, no one else has them!

duno if ill be at taupo, could be keen if theres a cruise going. is there a skid comp up there? i get real bored of drags

^^ yuh man come along. Petty sure there will be skids. Especcially if the track allows us to hook doenuts somewhere. :lol:

Ya should have come to our Welly cruise. Was good. Saw ya car by skate park a few weeks before and was gonna come say cher. Dropped nuts etc tho. :P

Guest CMASUR

when is it? i could be keen, lol i didnt mean i was gona do skids, my car cant do skids.

it will depend if my car is running all good, theres a horrible noise coming from the fron right wheel and the same wheel is also rubbing on the strut for some reason all of a sudden, i need to find someone to check it out, PM me if anyones keen as i am cetainly no mechanic, i live in masterton by the way.

if i can get that fixed ill be keen!

METHODZ: i saw u cruz past that night, looking good man. haha if u see me again come say hi its all good.

Guest CMASUR

could be not sure, ill explain the problem see if anyone can diagnose it.

-loud rattleing sound when driving

-graunching sound when turning hard, and only in reverse for some reason, im assuming thats when the wheel is hitting the strut

- every now and then the rattle goes away for a while and then comes back, no idea what im doing to make it go away

- the rattle is louder (worse) when i turn left and usually silent when turning right

- rattle also stops when i engage the brakes

so what does everyone think?

cheers

take the brakes and rotors off, have a look at the bearings, put everything back together and see whats happens.if bearings arnt fucked clean them in petrol and repack them with new bearing grease, fill the hub with grease too, put it back on and tighten the hub nut to 20foot pounds, loosen it off and re tighten to 5foot pounds.