ae85 coupes mates KE

danger

That 30 is fucking sick, used to be an orange one that kicked around nelson with a smilar spoiler on it was actually off a early 80ty honda civic think it was the front bumper fliped upside down and cut down

Thats really interesting. I have been looking at standard bumpers for that very reason, I'll have to stop ignoring hondas when I see them!

Very nice 30 though! I'm super in love with that engine. A 2t is almost a rarity these days it seems! Everyone opts for the 4age but its great to see he's keeping it oldschool. Those trumpets and throttle bodies are so nice, but they look very close to the brake master! haha

The only thing I don't like is how the front bolt ons don't follow the existing guard line. everyone always does this on ke's and it doesn't look that good. I know its to get it to look lower and all the rest but it looks kinda silly being able to see the guard curve, then the bolt on below it.

Guest sexychevette

One of the best 30's ive ever seen. I dont usually like them that much. Mainly just like the engine, its so awesome, i bet it sounds insane!

you should post up a vid of it reving :P

Guest AE85coupe

His names Damian

he works for graham paige engine reconditoners

hes totally computer illiterate haha, so if you wanna ask him anything, ask me

he went for a 2tg over a 3t because 3t's are single cam and the heads flow crap on them (this 2tg is stroked to 1800 anyway)

the engine sounds completely psycho hahaha, i reakon it could suck my arm off

oh it had a dyno run limited at 5000rpm, and still put out just over 100hp at the wheels, so when its run in and revving to 8000+ it should be nuts

Wicked. Thats pretty awesome. The 3ts aren't even single, they are push rod and you can't put the 2t heads on even. You need to put the 3t rods etc into the 2t block. go the 2t i reckon. The 3t-gteu is fukn awesome but as far as NA this can't be beaten for a little oldschool 1600.

Guest AE85coupe

Here is a vid of it first starting, bear in mind this is before it has been tuned properly

th_MOV00528.jpg

And Damian has given me a list of everything that has been done to this baby so here it is:

-3tgte crank shaft (polished and knife edged) re-ground to suit bearings

-3tgte rods, lightened and polished and re-sized with ARP bolts

- +40 thou oversized pistons with 4mm deep valve pockets (had to be cut specially)

-chrome rings

-ACL race bearings

-3tgte oil pump

-widened and baffled sump with windage tray

-lightened flywheel

-lightened crank pulley

-fully balanced

-9 inch heavy duty hilux clutch kit

-full port and polish on the head (spent roughly 20 hours doing this)

-roughly 11:1 compression

-radius cut valve seats

-L52 race cams with 280 degree duration and 12mm lift

-modified cam tunnels (to feed tappets more oil)

-modified head for cam lobes to pass (way too big lobes)

-competition valve springs

-tuned extractors with heat wrap

-custom match-ported intake manifold

-silver-top 20v quad throttle bodies

-nice bling bling trumpets

-18rgeu injectors

-modified 2tgeu fuel rail

-LEM 5 Link engine management

Guest AE85coupe
Wicked. Thats pretty awesome. The 3ts aren't even single, they are push rod and you can't put the 2t heads on even. You need to put the 3t rods etc into the 2t block. go the 2t i reckon. The 3t-gteu is fukn awesome but as far as NA this can't be beaten for a little oldschool 1600.

naa all T blocks are all the same, so you can put a 2t head on

we have put a 2tg head onto a 3tgte at one point

naa all T blocks are all the same, so you can put a 2t head on

we have put a 2tg head onto a 3tgte at one point

Yeap, they both have -g heads, so they are both twin over head cam. A 3t is only pushrod, so the 2t-g head that he is using here won't fit on the black. Ahh I kinda wrote it wrong. Anyway, unimportant.