lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah possibly? might take the strut off and make a mockup or something, but how to get it exact im not sure. then eugene (2jz ae85 fella) said he had all alloy RCA's and they sheared and snapped off under load - and advised steel sleeves be pressed in. this was on the track so i dont know if needed for street use but yeah,

grade of aluminium has to be right too?? T60-61 perhaps? i think T50 is too soft and t70 too brittle???

Guest sexychevette

spotted ur gold cressy dawg a few times in greylynn. Some fultan and hogan guy gave me shit cos i left the xr8 in the middle of the st with the engine running to go hava geeze. was just checkn out wheels cos i was lookn at em for the chevette. same size as i want 15x8...where did u get em from with the black centre? fags n turbns told me that the nz supliers will only do em in silver. gota import fro ausi or something

wheels were painted by the guy who owned them, so they arent factory black centers... bought them off a dude from trademe who was using them on his 3sge beams powered ae86 - dont see many around at that size/width tho aye.

in other news today, my 1g-gte head is cracked. FUCK. cracked inside the head, from one of the valve guide somethings down to exhaust port. dammit.

NEED NEW 1G-G TWINCAM HEAD URGENTLY and probably head studs etc. mines done. anyone? ive pm'd and txtd spencer.......

Nah I'd wanna build one myself and I still get hookups at steel and tube :D

thanks anyway though. but still who had the pic? Could you run an external pointing straight down from the centre where the factory dump is usually?

actually not as easy as you would think

• 5 weeks later...

hi lowfreq, sorry man, i dont know you as such, ive been reading your build up thread and your "stretched tire" part, i've got 10inch wide 15" rims, trying to see what would be a good tire to stretch on it, tried to PM you, damn site isnt sending them.

on your pic's you had 205/60s on your 10" rims? i was after a less extreme stretch, a 216/60 or 225/60, what are your views or suggestions dude? PM if you want dude.

cheers

2dr73xa

just got ur PM and ive replied to ya, if it doesnt come thru let me know here and i'll email ya again

good luck

ps everyone: car is now fixed (head has been replaced with NA version ) will post update and pics hopefully this weekend - higher compression/higher lift cams/longer duration/external dump to atmo - NASTY!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

its coming back to summertime and that means its time to CRUISE!

been pulled over once a week in the last 2 weeks now, both times took about 45min debating with silly cops both times they tried to green sticker me off the rd despite wof/reg/cert, both times got out of it.

1st reason was "yeah you may have a cert but we've had guys we've pulled over who have had a cert and then gone and cut the springs after so yeah you might have done the same"

2nd reason was "yeah you may have a cert but it was issued in Nov2007 and the law changed in June2008 about exhaust noise and so this is not valid any longer until you have the exhaust certed with a letter saying its fine"

so now im stuck with potentially having to re-cert the car again???????

anyway... still need to fix hardout rear end clunking/axle tramping, and get some front camber somehow, my mind'd solutions is getting rangi'er and rangi'er (latest thought is to just cut some 10mm steel plate with holes for the bottom shock mounts and just offset the holes to kick the whole strut out from the lower A arm by an inch or something, heh. will this work? in my mind it will........???????

is it me or has this winter sucked and no ones really been able to do jack shit the whole time....

Have you seen the RCA's which are made to give -ve offset?

Sounds like what you are mentioning above to kick out the bottom of the strut.

rca_ncrca1.jpg

yah those are EXACTLY what im after

cept mr dori wants me to do some other crazy thing

i was just hoping to have someone machine me a set like in the pic...... just a plate even. cus where the hell do u get cheap top hats from, i'd have to get nissan ones and mod them or something.... i'd be keen to try gx61 lower arms i gues but they sound like they gonna be quite a bit too long.....??

who makes those black rca's??