Burntrubber's TG Gemini

Toucan

Coming along nicely indeed. The turbo looks a thousand times better all smooth and shiny. Definately agree that high mount turbo's = the best. Looks all clean and professional, looks like you've spent the hours on it so hopefully it treats you well.

Is it staying silver? You definately need to sort us out with more pictures :wink:

Keep at it :twisted:

Pics don't even have any from before I started doing it up, was a heap before faded silver, primer grey and one red gaurd :oops: .

As for a race well zeps gem will eat mine no worries I don't think I will run more than 10 psi its all stock bottom end so meh I would like a 2.6 injected rodeo motor to build up turbo ect :twisted: would be most punishing!

The shape off the TG I like the TG sedans more than TX but the TX coup I think is the best shape off all, theres one on trade me for $900

• 2 years later...

The engine bolts straight to the Gemini box and cross member. The gearbox cross member had to have new holes drilled in it about 15mm forward of the original ones because the blocks a bit shorter and it pulls the box forward a little. The heater cover and firewall need to be cut and massaged a bit to fit the dizzy in but thats it for cutting etc.

Internally the engine is stock its just bolt on mods pretty much. Ecu I'm using is a megasquirt theres the plenum I made and the turbo manifold and turbo which aren't stock. Should go pretty well I think my carby turbo 1600 went hard so this should be a fairly big improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Engine is going all seems well obviously needs a few creases ironed out but other than that its all good. Only running 4psi till its run in then I'll probably change the actuator to a 12psi along with some bigger injectors probably use rx7 ones.

My gearbox blew on the second run yesterday it would appear it had no oil in it :oops: cars been off the road for 7 years I guess I must of drained it at some stage and never filled it back up :lol: Never mind I had a spare and changed it straight away and put oil in it. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

I got the engine for $120 was absolutly flogged been run out of oil I think. All the bearing were fucked the turbo was seized and all the pistons were cracked. The full rebuild and conversion cost $1400 wth the ecu and intercooler included!! I'm mega stoked with how well it goes for what it cost me :)

The wheel looks good in person just not 100% sure its the colour I want some one should photshop it for me cause I cant :lol:

holy shit thats awesome!! whered you pick that up from

whats happening with the red one? runaround? been looking at these recently pretty keen to get one like the red one (TG?)

turn it into a mini version of the commodore and figure out how to bag the shit out of it :) then ill have commy for skidz gemi for baggin and rollin :D

anyways KEEN as to see how this goes man good shit

I've had the silver TG 10yrs next month I swapped my rolled mk2 sport for it had a worked pinto 5sp and the usuall suspension and brake upgrades. So even though it was crashed I got the Gemini with a wof and reg.

The red TE Gemini I had got sold it had a carby turbo setup in it went hard for what it was. Its matt black now with 17s on it up Kaitia.

argh saw maybe your old one at new years?

was in ahipara and went head to head up the beach with one,

was wondering if it was turbs as it went pretty hard,

old mans 250 xd lsd and manual 3 spd ftw

but couldn't hear it as i knocked the exhaust off coming through the soft sand and it spent the rest of the time running extractors and a 2 1/4 straight side pipe,

• 1 month later...

I have started to get the hang of tuning still got to work on the cold starts. I havn't bothered yet because the fast idle valve thats built into the falcon throttle body is to big makes it idle at about 2500rpm. While I'm at the wiring n shit i'm gonna wire in the original 4zc1 valve. I got the basic driving real good good power, resonable economy and nice and smooth cept just off idle because the vac canister was poped eg. not working its a two way canister also retards under boost which wasn't working either!! which is dodgy. This was the main reason for changing the dizzy to a 4ze1 cas type dizzy.