Twin pipes

Guest Demonmk2

Guest Demonmk2

lick my scum infested scrot fuck stick, nice car by the way i worked with bimmers they ant to bad :D even the new 316I hatch's went hard :P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... well i saw a blue r100 with a twin pipe and it looked the biz but yeha maby im wrong haha

Usually rotarys may run twin 2" from the exhaust ports and then into one before the diff and out the back. If thats what you were thinking of.

just run a 2an1/2" pipe from exctractors back to the diff then split to two 1an1/2" pipes over the diff and put to two simple chrome extensions..

(or even better get the whole thing made from stainless steal) bling rite thur :wink:

and dont forget to chuck a coby or two up in there...

Guest Demonmk2

it went to 160 pretty quick i thought they were gud for what they were good ol compacts maby cause i owned a glant 1990 at the tim ethought it was fast :S how much HP woul di lose by going 2" thru to two 1"1/2 then my fartcannons?

it went to 160 pretty quick i thought they were gud for what they were good ol compacts maby cause i owned a glant 1990 at the tim ethought it was fast :S how much HP woul di lose by going 2" thru to two 1"1/2 then my fartcannons?

You'll experience a considerable gain in hp - don't listen to WESTCORT... bascially calculate the volume of gas that the fartcannons can hold at any given time, times that number by the square root of the total swept capacity of the engine you're running, then add in 25% of the octane rating of the fuel that is in the tank. The result is the total "real" horsepower gain, none of this namby-pamby unreliable engine dyno or rolling road stuff - those things are notoriously temperamental when it comes to accurate readings.

I would consider an 8 outlet system if I were you - 4 exiting from the rear of the car, and 2 exiting on each side. This equates to 2 exhausts from each cylinder. The best way to gain performance from this setup is to design a 4 - 16 -8 exhaust primary system - the way it steps into 16 smaller diameter pipes after the initial 4 exhaust ports will mean the gases travel at a faster velocity - but only when teamed up with say, a downdraft manifold with a Toyota 2K carburettor (with choke removed - this is imperative) for optimum intake velocity to match. Then, as the gas expands into the 8 pipes which eventually exit the vehicle at aformentioned locations, they will create a venturi effect, which will successfully draw the gases out of the system at a high rate, resulting in what I would imagine would be a considerable performance enhancement.

It's a tried and true system used extensively by AMC Gremlin owners in the States, when the GM 2.4l quad four powerplant is transplanted into these cars.... http://www.extravagentperformance.com/g ... austs.html has some info, although the page has been down for a few days.

Good luck :)

Guest Demonmk2

oh ok yeah sounds like a good idea why dont i just get a fucking petrol drum and have that draging out the end of the car welded onto my 2inch exhaust? i will have to put wheelie bars as it will praobly tip my car over cause its gay or i could get truck exhaust? or just crash it off a bridge with me in it and see if i can count to 1000?

Guest dreadedretard

To see what it looks like just jack them up under the car on bricks or summin, i did that with a twin shit canon 4inch exhaust. looks insane, lokoed oldschool aswell