Joshs 1972 "BACDWN" Ford Capri

peteretep

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Actual chroming cost $634.00. I didnt do anything to them, just gave them to them as they were.

Had to have the surfaces on the manifolds planned flat ($200) and alternator pulled apart which was another $40 but yea the chroming part wasnt to bad I thought.

I havent got them in my possesion yet as a mate has them in timaru but il ask if they are chromed on the inside, pretty certain thats a no though. Theres pitting on the top of the plenum to :S and the headers have quite a few cloudy parts where they couldnt get to, to chrome properly

Should look bling as mate! Can't wait to see her all back together, best take it out to Ruapuna at the 4nR SI Champs drags too eh :D

Personally I would have had it HPC'd or Procoated instead of chromed, but each to their own, the mani should look pretty sweet once it gets hot and discolours a bit, love the "blued" look it should get.

Actual chroming cost $634.00. I didnt do anything to them, just gave them to them as they were.

christ! I got my rocker cover chromed for $30.. piping chromed for $40

wheels were $200.

but I guess if you didn't polish them up yourself it would cost ya.

your turbo manifold chrome probably wont last long btw that shit gets hot

• 4 months later...

To much, like any car, however this will be the last time I build this no matter what, third time lucky huh. Been working/spending money doing up house so last 6 months or so have been scare in much happening on car, be going by september.

yea if its gets rancid, maybe wrap it in heat wrap instead.

Where did you go to get yours chromed??? I went all the way to timaru, but would be better if there is somehwere in chch since i have more i need doing?

Superb Plating Works andChrome FX are in chch

did you go to Chrome Platers Ltd or DM international ??