• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

That engine looks mint aye.

Few questions.

Looks like the front cover of the turbo is going to hit the side of the engine bay? Can you just clock the front cover to get around this or is it not as bad as pic?

What ya doing for brakes. Any servo you have is going to have to have the chop.

Have you not rebuilt it with forgies etc like you wanted?

Keep it up.

Damn, like to see how this compares to my car when they're done. Opposite ends of styling scale eh

Wouldn't say opposite, yours is hardly rat/hoodride style :P

Good shit Josh, looking forward to seeing how she goes.... and when you bring it North for Nats eh :P

Methodz - wata u mean the front cover... I dont have the headers with me at the moment so i couldnt check it, ive held them there roughly but still not 100% hope it doesnt :?

Brakes...looking at getting these discs off a 2.8i: http://www.capriclinic.com/product_info ... cts_id=287

Unsure of calipers yet, open to suggestions

Na I havent rebuilt with forgies etc YET, i dont have the money for that at the moment, so im trying to get it going how it is for the moment, make it stronger later. 20k tax bill doesnt help, but good in a way as its prompted me to do work myself which im stoked bout.

Remote/brake boosters, still young to knowing things about engines etc and im yet to read all about these, anyone who wants to share info please do...

Those disks seem cheaper here. http://www.palmside.co.nz/parts.asp?mak ... ory=BRAKES

As for the brakes I actually ment what are you going to do servo wise like cam mentioned. The booster is going to need to be taken out of the engine bay in order for that turbo to fit. It means your brakes will be heavy without. A remote booster just lets you have the booster under the dash and the resivours on top oif a custom pedalbox. Best part of $1500.

I mean the front turbo cover. You need a pipe to come of it and it looks like the pipe is going to hit the side of the engine bay.

• 4 weeks later...