warants

Guest kornstar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just fix ya rust and get a real warant?

It's no good for our scene when a rust bucket is involved in a crash and some kid is killed and it turns out it should have never had a warrant in the first place! :evil:

Yeah, unfortunately you'll find a lot of the people here don't seem to care and just want the cheapest things possible to keep their car on the road. They'll also happily complain and whine when the government amends the laws further to remove old cars from the road entirely due to such accidents. :rolleyes: :roll:

No, it's true. The Oldschool scene in NZ is very set on two extremes (most of the time anyway). The car is either mint as, show (or close to) condition. Read: That rotahavik cruise. OR: Some ghetto ass shit that you've all seen round with chopped/no springs, ghetto spray jobs, crap exhaust and and all the rest.

It would be nice to see people actully take care of their cars, and work towards something nice, rather than taking the fastest and cheapest way to do something, ending up crap and possible illigal. It might take a long time, and lots of money, but that's what your in the ca modification scene for isn't? Plugging all your money into your car :P

Yeah you're right zep. Few of my mates just cut the springs in their cars, and have a dangerous shitbag ride, and have to worry bout WOFs. get it done right and everything is kosher and happy. Wish i could delete all the ghetto ass cars rollin round giving us a bad name

Whats the difference between chopping them and compressing them?? when theyre' compressed they will only have a little bit of travel before they are fully maxed out. whereas chopping the will go lower befroe you max them out.

Whats the difference between chopping them and compressing them?? when theyre' compressed they will only have a little bit of travel before they are fully maxed out. whereas chopping the will go lower befroe you max them out.

You want to keep the rate relevant to the height reduction thats why you compress rather than cut. Cut springs are too soft and handle like shit, but people who have never had proper lowered springs will always argue they are better :lol:

Each to their own but I like decent springs.

If i were to get springs, i would get proper ones, choppin or compressing is like comminting sucide, preatty stupid really, they are the only thing holding your wheels to the ground, and your wheels are the most important part for safety in a car

If i were to get springs, i would get proper ones, choppin or compressing is like comminting sucide, preatty stupid really, they are the only thing holding your wheels to the ground, and your wheels are the most important part for safety in a car

But custom made springs aren't cheap and what about leaf spring rear suspension?

Both chopping and compressing are illigal, but both can be legal if certed. But in saying that, I have had chopped springs in the back of my car (while others were out for compressing :rolleyes: ) and compressed springs, which are in there now. Both were complete shit, they gave too much body roll and were bouncier than a pogo stick. The ride was horrible.

If you can't afford to lower your car stright away, SAVE, then do it. Do things right the first time. I wish I had, I'm on my 4th set of springs for my car soon. Plus, we dont want you guys dying, or worse, killing others.

Wish i could delete all the ghetto ass cars rollin round giving us a bad name
I also wish this, would be fantastic. Or they could just give them to us for parts cars :D

But custom made springs aren't cheap and what about leaf spring rear suspension?

Custom made springs you will find are not much dearer than buying Kings, Dobis, or whatever, a ballpark figure is around the $400 mark. I'd sooner drive on standard springs while saving that $400 up.... I had an FXGT with chopped springs and it was lethal, and considering some of the shit we used to do in that car, it's kinda lucky I'm still alive.

With leaf springs, lowering blocks are entirely legal (once certed) as long as they fit within the LTSA guidelines. Otherwise, get the reset, it's not too expensive I hear.

I've found them quite cheap! Even getting the leafs reset only cost me about $250 or if ya want blocks about $50.