Manlymanman's Grey Street G Ryder

manlymanman

Nothing like bike summit to get my butt into gear, so purchased this pink rust delight from the former clap capital (Hamilton) for the hefty price tag of $46.

IMG_2272_zpsd292adfb.png

IMG_2274_zps5b294dec.png

IMG_2273_zps4a8a26ce.png

In true style, got around to dismantling it after 1 or 2 weeks and got everything lined up for the grumpy bum old man electroplater which I will have to woo to convince him to accept a bike frame along with a million tiny nuts, bolts and washers.

IMG_2281_zps21227750.jpg

Also, got a special order from Milwaukee today which was highy exciting.

IMG_2276_zpsec678871.jpg

IMG_2275_zps7bfe75bf.jpg

IMG_2278_zps7ec849d1.jpg

Woo!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out I lied. Bike was taken to the paint stripper by Dave who met a man who talked waaaay to much. When he went to pick up the bike a week later, the guy was unrecognisable with crutches etc as he had literally just gotten out of hospital after being in a car crash. So I had to wait a bit longer.

Anyway - after the paint stripping. Yuck.

IMG_2378_zps3365bc5c.jpg

The badge - which is now bent and on the floor somewhere. But that's okay - my bike summit sticker can go there instead.

IMG_2377_zps26e7aa41.jpg

A valiant effort to try and separate some part of the bike..

IMG_2381_zpsd1bdabed.jpg

After some armwork by Dave, Ned and me it's all cleaned up and ready for the next step.

IMG_2382_zpsb510b481.jpg

Also, I've been looking at wheels, seats and bits and bobs and have these eyed up...

IMG_2391_zps3aa2938d.png

IMG_2392_zps9aab4a83.png

Eek, those photos are a bit large.

if you look on ebay AU you can get those seats for like $12. (the white one you posted)

what size are those wheels?. I think there are some new chrome 26x1-3/8 rims at t whites secondhand bikes shop. maybe.

edit:also those pedals you bought from Milwaukee can be bought from t whites. godam ebay.

also I have a Raleigh badge like your broken one except not broken if you want it

yeh I ment what size are the white wheels. Don't get confused with the different sized 26 inch rims. tho both will prob work/maybe/I have some chrome 26x1.75 rims in decent nick. I also have a complete bike the same as yours only its rusty but it may have a part you need or something

edit: /be a boss and upgrade to 27 inch wheels like I did on my Bermuda

abinsurmorrison.jpg?t=1274749394

Um, the white rims - I'm after white road bike wheels with a coaster brake (I think $125 US from the site I'm looking at) and then white tyres to go with. They are 700c wheels?

In terms of the seat, it's $15 US from the same site.

And yea, I saw the pedals on t whites, but I think they still ended up more spency than buying from the US.

ok liv

edit: metric wheels!?!?!!? There's like 10, 27 inch rims, at Jackson electrical lol. You could prob get them for free haha. Inches liv inches. none of this French, communist, metric, crazy talk. Deal in fractions.

Haha, I actually have no idea what I'm talking about and this wheel stuff confuses me hence I'm just repeating words...

I could use existing rims but I've still got to convert them to a coaster hub and get them white. Plus I want them a bit thicker like road bike rims are. Difficult, yes.

but road bike rims are thinner????

if you get your rims powder coated white, bUy some spokes,  I will lace them up for you lol. Just find a coaster brake hub. /I have one but its shitty. there was a dude selling a mint sturmy archer one on trademe. "cravans" or something.