lowfreq you cunt

lowlancer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They need a few bits touched up for premium wheel coolness.

1. the 4 "spoke" holes in the face need to have bevelled edges with edges painted black

2. needs hexhead bolts for 2-piece look

3. face needs to be given a brushed aluminium look.

Once those three things are done, they'll look fucken sweet.

Regardless they've got fucken mean dish! (could be bigger 14x11 anyone?) :D:twisted:8)

they didnt realy come out as good as i hoped - not enough detail on them. i did choose a very simple design as well anyway so my fault. im gonna detail the slots with black and fit the cap screws in the holes i had drilled, to add a bit of interest - the finish also is a bit bland, i guess i took the risk having them done blind. if anything i'll get them re-powdercoated at a later date with a more brilliant finish. perhaps just blacking out the centers and polishing up the inside lip.

agreed with what you guys said, pretty uninteresting but i think when on the car and some work done they should look ok for now. they wont be usable till i have my guards rolled, flares fitted, then probably stiffer springs if it bounces too much and hits the guards, all a learning process tho.

anyway for a budget based job and first time for me i think they are alright. dont see any one else efforts in this same field - yet

they are sitting in my house in aucks, my main prob is getting this engine going here in NP. the 1GGTE is installed and everything, just needs intercooler and exhaust made up. but - shes not firing. turns over, splutters, wont fire. its getting fuel, and spark fine. when we hold the AFM open a bit by hand, you can get her running/idling... but open or close the AFM too much, and she dies. freekin wiring problem has taken 2 days now to solve. gonna try again today to get her running - stopped last nite as we cranked the battery flat starting it all day...

i have pics of the swap but no access to FTP them (had to get a friend to FTP those wheel pics up!) hmm maybe i WILL chrome dip them now thinking about it. bah i'll sit on it for a few months and see how i feel.

cant please everyone all the time i guess :)

i sort of agree on the blandness of the centre's, the way i see it though is that in most of those jap hot olds meet pics you can't even see the centre's, everybody's just in love with the dish.

full credit for getting off your ass and having something made instead of just putting out the usual "WTB any wheels with deep dish" ad. i can't wait to see them on the car.

and i reckon they'd look good in chrome (i can't believe i just said that) with the centre edges blacked out, along with cap screws and all that stuff.

cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...