Random heater control suggestions

ThePog

Hey so the 3 lever heater control mech is missing from my Fiat, I have the actual heater and 3x control cables coming out of it but nothing to actuate it.

This is what it looks like, the bit on the left is a fan switch which I do not necessarily need;

watermark.jpg.24303490c3360cff9de49b53d474ceb4.jpg

Can anyone suggest something that looks vaguely like that that I can hack in there? I have a heap of potential places to mount it so can print mounts and surrounds etc, I just need something with 3 levers really.

Cheers in advance.

31 minutes ago, Bling said:

Print the whole thing? At least that way you can mess with the distances the lever pulls vs what it needs to pull. For someone with your gear it seems like a relatively easy job.

I have thought about it but it would just take time to resolve it all nice, I also quite like dirty hacks in old cars.

Maybe I will do that later when I get annoyed with marginally functioning dirty hacks.

Or maybe convince one of the Fiat hoarder barrys to actually sell me an original...

• Like 1

They changed it a couple of times, I think the heater I have is an earlier one so the control cables probably wont work with the correct control panel for my car.

However i have ordered a 3m bonnet release cable so I can make new cables.

And I know I can probably get everything i need from Midwest Bayless, but think of the shipping :-(

Also; D21 terrano?

D21.JPG.7ad938ffa22c011a3900c4fad2455fe4.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, locost_bryan said:

A bit of MDF and a jigsaw?

Does look like the panel on mid-60s Chevs, but they're probably just as thin on the ground here. :-(

I mean there will be hackery

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last time I was in contact with the wrecker in ChCh who has two shells, most of the interior was still in one.  The problem with this wrecker is that their physical presence is tiny with the stock elsewhere and parts brought in to office by arrangement. No looking at the wrecks.  I found them not very co-operative either.

2 minutes ago, GregT said:

Last time I was in contact with the wrecker in ChCh who has two shells, most of the interior was still in one.  The problem with this wrecker is that their physical presence is tiny with the stock elsewhere and parts brought in to office by arrangement. No looking at the wrecks.  I found them not very co-operative either.

Whereabouts was that?

1 hour ago, ThePog said:

Whereabouts was that?

google Car parts Canterbury.  they have a site - and a small office in Hornby/sockburn  Active on Bidbuddy - which i know nothing about.

24 minutes ago, GregT said:

google Car parts Canterbury.  they have a site - and a small office in Hornby/sockburn  Active on Bidbuddy - which i know nothing about.

Yea na, I already talked to them and they quoted $240 + shipping. Just no cunt.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1