Best - Easy 4 cylinder engine for swap.

rusty360

13 hours ago, Toucan said:

Wouldnt need much to liven up an Anglia.

Alot of suggestions are the same that have been done for the last two or three decades and are probably harder to source plus cost lots. Would be cool to see more modern options although I don't know how viable they are not coming as factory rwd configations.

Suzuki swift sport M16a or K14c

or 4 cylinder Ford ecoboost

Etc

Oh man a RWD M16A from a Swift Sport would be awesome. Plenty of power, enough torque, and love to be revved. ZC31S are being scrapped pretty often now, even at PAP.

The only problem with modern engines like that is the ECU and immobilisers and stuff. The Swift immobiliser is linked to the ECU, so cant operate without all those gubbins. Not like wiring a 4AGE or MX5 engine.

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Flash said:

Hey @rusty360, I'm assuming it's your green Anglia van that you are talking about. It was real solid from memory with just some floor replacement needed. I remember perving over it when you were selling your burgundy 105E saloon back in 2009. Still wish I had bought that car of yours at the time. It was nicely sorted.

Hey Flash, wow that was a few years back now! Did you come look at my 105e when it was for sale? Yeah it's a cool little car, like everything thou there's so much I'd change on it now. I actually still get to see it and drive it as the guy who brought it is a good mate now.

The van I had then was blue, looked ok but when I stripped the paint off it was farked. Well past my panel beating skills.

The new project van is much better.

11 hours ago, rusty360 said:

Hey Flash, wow that was a few years back now! Did you come look at my 105e when it was for sale? Yeah it's a cool little car, like everything thou there's so much I'd change on it now. I actually still get to see it and drive it as the guy who brought it is a good mate now.

The van I had then was blue, looked ok but when I stripped the paint off it was farked. Well past my panel beating skills.

The new project van is much better.

Yep, I dropped by your place to check out your 105E saloon before the auction ended. We took it for a run and from memory it pulled like a freight train. I'm chuffed to hear that you still get to see and drive it. I've seen it at a few car gatherings over the years and it still looks good. Sounds like it went to a good home. A mate of mine is running a 4AGZE in his 105E, but they are pretty thin on the ground these days.

I can't wait to see what you have planned for your van.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2023 at 20:42, HumberSS said:

Best way to do this is buy a whol leaf so you don't get scalped on batteries. They have some good power, and even better once you add the openinverter.org board, which you need anyway to do the conversion. I daily a leaf, and man it's quite shit but it's got this awesome whack of midrange and always surprises people. They weight 1600kg too, just as a shit unknown fact.

Blimey. My 66 C20 is only 100kgs heavier than that and sports a truck diff. 

Uterus.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 09/01/2023 at 07:25, rusty360 said:

Morning old school brains. This is a very open question!

im dreaming of starting a long term project this year. 105e anglia van.

the last one we did moons back ended up with a 4age and is a cool little car to drive.

But thinking something else for this one.

Needs to have a rwd gearbox available.

Tell me about Hondas, zetecs etc.

Cheers rusty.

Dredging this thread a little bit - did you get any further on this project? I am taking over a 105E project and will be doing 2ZZGE/J160.