Anglia4’s small bikes

anglia4

I got ants in my pants this morning so I took a coffee break from work, connected up the wiring, filled the fluids, primed the auto lube pump, mixed up some oily petrol for safety, and kicked it in the guts.

Stoked!

• Like 9

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I lasted about 2 weeks on the factory 50 in mine before lifan swapping....

@GuyWithAviators has a 70/90? in his and its a complete different experience. Soooo good.

Mines a v90 now

Find a pw80 donk to keep sweet 2t noises. Bolts straight in, and can swap the ignition stuff over from the 50 to keep the lights on 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah will see what its like to ride tonight hopefully!

To be honest, I'm probably not going to be using this for the big adventure rides, this will be for riding to work and taking on camping trips, so hopefully the 50 will be adequate. PW80 does sound like an ideal upgrade though!

@alfalfa seems to enjoy his V50.

• Like 3

Yeah my stock V50 goes great, speedo reckons I get up to 65ish on the flat and has no problem keeping up with urban traffic which is perfect for commuting/pub and general residential pesting. I have approximately zero interest in lifan (2 strokes 2 many!) but am keeping an eye out for a V70/90 or a PW80 donk to bolt in.

I really need to update my thread with some V50 pics and miscellaneous tales of woe...

• Like 4

The last stretch to finishing this hasn't been without drama of course. I seem to have chosen the wrong model when buying parts from IMPEX.

i.e "Its the square headlight model" *orders the square headlight from IMPEX*

image.thumb.jpeg.4fa6be7c4dd6d4e52900856490dc1f65.jpeg

FUCK IT.

"Oil tank cap is broken" *orders oil tank cap from IMPEX*

image.thumb.jpeg.8bec5b5538c14803b01804087d7eff8c.jpeg

MOTHER FUCKER. (Luckily the lid off a tin of thinners kind of nearly fits)

The next issue was, that after I ran it up in the video above, I took off to work... and then in the afternoon got a text from a grumpy wife because the entire house stunk of petrol... Turns out the rubber gasket on the fuel petcock doesn't seal any more, so I've made a paper gasket which seems to be doing the trick for now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

image.thumb.jpeg.654d5facc66d9c056507fd4ff26fd04b.jpeg

I took it for a lap of the cul-de-sac, made a couple of wee adjustments. Tuned the idle a wee bit, and then rode it to work. Had to hide out at a mates workshop to escape a rain shower, but i made it.

It comfortably does 55km/h on the flat. Its otherwise quite slow haha.

The tires are a little larger than the originals and the rear is rubbing on the screws for the little mud flap, so I'll whip that off for the trip home and get some countersunk ones.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

I think I've still got the oil tank and lid from mine. Happy to donate the lid to the cause of that's of value?

Yes please! If its a screw on cap. All the ones I can find on IMPEX are push in plug type. Are you going to the supercars?

14 hours ago, Beaver said:

I think there is a service where people deliver things across the country. I'll do some research 

Sounds like a business opportunity. 

If you can get it to Greg and Greg can get it to his place of work tomorrow then I can get it to NP on Saturday 

18 hours ago, Beaver said:

Pretty sure it's a screw in. No to supercars but we will find a way. I think there is a service where people deliver things across the country. I'll do some research 

Well it made the deadline to have it sorted for the supercars weekend.

A great time was had by all, did a wee pest around Taupo but mostly spent the weekend either at the track or in the pool.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3727bf95c4582a10f8a1ea3eba77815.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.521e36dca0b10cb97a88bdca14c04b3a.jpeg

• Like 3