1/24 kitset models

Anythingclassic

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CarolsHusband said:

537 parts ? And it's only a little vehicle. You'll have some fun. Pic of 537 parts please

Also "Bren gun carrier" ? Last time I looked it was a Churchill. 

Are you building a stash up ? I know I have.

I'll see if i can get some photos of the parts tray soon. 

Yeah i have a 1/35th bren gun carrier i got a couple years ago from acorn models (just grabbed it because i was pinning for a model but wasn't going to actually build it at the time), thinking of doing it north Africa spec, similar to what my grandfather would've driven (i believe he was stationed in Palestine in 1945/46).

Mate of mine who is a huge modeller told me the number of kits a man owns is 'n + 1' lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I've got about 8 waiting, but I'm sure there's 2 more I'll get soon. Or maybe 3. Probably going to give tanks a miss though (except for 1 more, or maybe 2) as they're mostly air in the middle.

I know Takom do some full interior tanks, including a Bergepanther. So maybe 3 then.

Sigh.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, CarolsHusband said:

537 parts ? And it's only a little vehicle. You'll have some fun. Pic of 537 parts please

Also "Bren gun carrier" ? Last time I looked it was a Churchill. 

Are you building a stash up ? I know I have.

Here we go:

20240206_193428.thumb.jpg.cd5cc23c80581552989d06897c425ba7.jpg

20240206_193454.thumb.jpg.2721e51d75c0d8e7e817561d9d09b8fd.jpg

20240206_193509.thumb.jpg.03abb72e87efda9db1bce9457227109a.jpg

20240206_193528.thumb.jpg.6382937f3866ddf3dd427152fa3f186a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That half finished Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind kit I've got stashed in the garage, must be taken from the regular Panzer IV mouldings as there's about a million parts on the sprues that aren't mentioned on the instructions and wouldn't work on what's supposed to be a mobile anti-aircraft battery.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alfashark said:

That half finished Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind kit I've got stashed in the garage, must be taken from the regular Panzer IV mouldings as there's about a million parts on the sprues that aren't mentioned on the instructions and wouldn't work on what's supposed to be a mobile anti-aircraft battery.

^This. I have all 3 US Tamiya halftracks in stock. One comes with a spare cargo area floor which is not like any of the 3 variants. I may have to go on the model forum and ask but they can be such nobs sometimes.

• Like 1