Flash

Flash's 1965 Ford Thames

It's been so long since I put up a build thread that I can't remember how to link the build thread to the discussion thread and vice versa. Anyone able to help me out ?

Just copy and past the url - the forum software will do the rest.

Also, I flipping love shitty old commercials, especially vans*, and looking forward what you do with this.  

(*im working some irons myself on one in my preferred flavour at the mo)

• Like 1

cool! I saw this advertised on the interwebs last year! Kinda quirky, and not a Kombi, I like it! :) 

Will follow your thread.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2019 at 05:19, browndog said:

cool! I saw this advertised on the interwebs last year! Kinda quirky, and not a Kombi, I like it! :) 

Will follow your thread.

Hey Browndog, thanks for the feedback. I figured it might appeal to you as it is the predecessor to the Transit. I didn't really want to do another Bedford so this kinda appealed to me. Always been garaged so no rust which was an added bonus. Current paint is 7 years old and still looks pretty mint so nothing really to do body wise. It's mechanically unmolested right down to the oil bath air filter so I know I've got a really good starting point.

Yep it was quite bizarre as I saw the van listed on TM, but I noticed it had Aus rego plates. Turns out it was sitting in Brisbane which suited me as we now live on this side of the ditch. PO was desperate to get it out of his shed, so he did a really good deal. I've got to finish our house reno first, but I'm looking forward to cracking into this later in the year.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:56, Flash said:

Hey Browndog, thanks for the feedback. I figured it might appeal to you as it is the predecessor to the Transit. I didn't really want to do another Bedford so this kinda appealed to me. Always been garaged so no rust which was an added bonus. Current paint is 7 years old and still looks pretty mint so nothing really to do body wise. It's mechanically unmolested right down to the oil bath air filter so I know I've got a really good starting point.

Yep it was quite bizarre as I saw the van listed on TM, but I noticed it had Aus rego plates. Turns out it was sitting in Brisbane which suited me as we now live on this side of the ditch. PO was desperate to get it out of his shed, so he did a really good deal. I've got to finish our house reno first, but I'm looking forward to cracking into this later in the year.

Oh Gordon, didn't realise it was you! How you going over there? We (or rather my dad) had one of these when I was a little boy, I really loved it! Was a pale green colour going off my memory of it which was about 45 years ago! Any mods planned? Coyote V8 perhaps? :)