Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 15:40, Nominal said:

Nice. What are you using for the solvent?

Mate, Kemsol Big Kong mixed with Kerosene. The stuff in the pic is 91. I used petrol to test the weld joints given IMHO if there is a leak in the weld joints - gas will find it. There was so i fixed it all by flooding the MIG joins with braze rod. Fixed. Any solvent that gets used in the shed will usually see its dregs end up in the bath. And this is where I hope that the use of a car fuel pump will stave off melted plastic pump parts etc. Lets see. But this thing is working a treat mate.

Do it bro. But try a pump from out of a larger car i reckon. This is what i am going to give a go. I have no idea whether Coon's or Commy's have in-tank/internal mounted fuel pumps but if they do have, and given they are charged with feeding a larger engine - they might have more poke/flow. This Nissan one I am using came in the tank so I just used it. It provides adequate flow and is not throttled back by way of bleed off or anything. I actually want something that requires throttling back by way of a return line or similar. Its more work but it allows scope for dialing in exactly what you want in your tub. Just saying. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, nzed said:

The fuel pumps are a cock of a thing to get out in the car normally, I bet that plate would make it almost impossible wouldn't it?  Or even accessing the pump push rod? 

Be a fun drive though when completed.. all that torque on a ute back end..

Fuck, never thought about that. Hmmm, i'll sort something though. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A mongrel diff setup for a mongrel truck. 9" housing center, schedule 80 linepipe and KUN model Hilux diff housing ends. Am going to try and slice 31 Ford splines onto a couple of Hilux axles.

P3231113.JPG.312c06cfe376bdab58eafbd4b8914fbf.JPG

P3231112.JPG.7d394a0fc425b1083602fcb57857d3da.JPG

A pic of the victim who is going to give up its cab. This thing has been sitting in the garden for yonks. Rusty as fuck.

P3141110.JPG.1a4aeb2d582cb9b8f491e074f6fb6e42.JPG

Long story short Skid truk/paddock racer made up of mainly these kinda parts ... BB MoPar/727/9 Inch, Hilux chassis, LC3 Morris Commercial cab ... with this sitting on the front to scare little old ladies.P1100968.JPG.d4a6e0de7313f2cf906913cb8722cb7f.JPG 

• Like 3