Straightening shock shaft

chris r

I've pulled out the koni shock on the honda to find the bloody thing is bent. Is it worth/can anyone straighten the shaft or are they fucked and should I look at replacing them. Can anyone on here get me reasonable pricing on a new unit?

part number is 8041 1200

12695943_10153595794308999_2043981316_n_

12722107_10153595794328999_1921109394_n_

It's doable with a big enough press, but whether its safe afterwards is a different story. I bent one of the front fork on a motox bike many years ago, and took it to an engineering crow to straighten. Bit different being an upside down shock, I guess, but theory must be the same.

We carried a spare shock for a rally car that had been straightened fairly successfully. But in saying that it won't be as strong as it used to and will always have one or two tight spots through the travel. If its just to get it going again and it doesn't matter I'd give it a go but really needs replacing. 

How did it bend is the question? Hondas don't have any lateral loading on the shock like a Mac strut and the spring is holding the car up, not the shock shaft.. 

Is it a Bilstien / Tein shock?

Right color yellow and the txt is the right blue but can't read it.

If yes, it can be fixed.

Autolighn have the technology to rebuild him.

09 574 2288

Do them as a pair, my last set was just over $150 a shock.