Modern Daily Guzzling Oil, NO leaks or smoke...

Sunbeam

Moreys or lucas FTMFW!

Our Stagea is a bit the same. Doesn't leak (much) and I never see any smoke out of it. (tbh the mrs drives it most of the time, so it seldom does any RFB hunnitz) BUt it gets through the black stuff. I run slightly thicker oil, and dose her up with moresy/lucas. Problem goes away, 

Better living.

• Like 1

Check the PCV is functioning as it should

Good call. This was a major source of oil consumption on my fleet of T5 Volvos, but the system on those things was complex. Just been doing some investigating and the subie has a very simple system. So I just took the valve off and it was functioning but not sealing closed. Blew the crud out with carb cleaner and its now sealing perfectly. Guess I'll wait and see if there is an improvement. I can live with a litre every 2k like it was, but every fill up is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while, but waiting to see some results. Pleased to share that after changing the pcv valve with a second hand one, consumption has reduced to half a litre in the last 1800km.

Might buy a brand new pcv when I'm in the States next month. $12 US versus $130 plus Gst ex Japan (main dealers in NZ take piss-taking to new heights)

• Like 2