• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Fixed the photos.

I have put a new socket and primary fuse in this so its less likely to kill you. Still haven't mounted the switch panel properly, its currently wedged in.

I have ordered a nixie thermometer kit from the same guy I got the clock kit from. It should be here some time next week

thermomiter kit

• Like 4

Started populating the board tonight

IMG_20170911_194726654IMG_20170911_205655477IMG_20170911_213102736IMG_20170911_213822922

I realized I've put the bar the wrong way around. I need to trim all the leads and make up the power supply so I'll double check everything another day

I had a look through my box of tubes and they are all too small. I'll just have to order some more 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

More tubes turned up today so I carried on assembling the board this evening.

IMG_20171004_131008306IMG_20171004_193519130

Because I'm tired and wasn't paying attention I put one of the ICs in the wrong way and its not working properly now. I have ordered some replacements and will try again tomorrow.It is meant to be displaying zero but clearly isn't

IMG_20171004_204030332_HDRIMG_20171004_213701587

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I found a Swiss guy who makes smaller boards so I ordered one, it turned up last week. I'll have to find/make something cool to put it in. I've also found a pwm in-9 board and have ordered that. With a bit of learning code I should be able to make a tach bar graph 

IMG_20171209_204531127

• Like 2

Just now, maxted said:

I had never seen these before, cool what you have done with them!

Thanks. I got a bit carried away ordering the tubes so I'll just have to make more stuff. 

I just realised I don't have a photo of the completed clock. I'll get one when I'm at work on Monday 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, flyingbrick said:

hey man. looks awesome.

I do think you should have the HV pcb sitting flat under the main PCB..looks hard to make safe where it is and its kinda out of place looking.

On the thermometer? It'll teach people not to poke shit lol. I'm not running it until I get something to put it in tbh 

• Like 1