Moped NZ's fs50 Build

Mop Head

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp. Raizer is the boss man. Was wheelie stoked when this arrived today!

RTPfyyC.jpg

Here's some real life photos of the aliexpress stuff to give ya an idea on sizes. 

LH9z3nz.jpg

06T9nWO.jpg

ab3rKSD.jpg

hItDoLA.jpg

More solid than expected for both of them. Tail light is bigger than imagined, which is actually a good thing. Gonna play with the frame and engine over the weekend. 

• Like 2

Weeeew, finally got some mocking on the go. 

But first, needed to do a top notch job at securing the wiring for the indicators in the headlight. They were barely attached when it arrived from Ali:

jrJnAhc.jpg

Then the engine mounting came. Original engine just mounted with a bolt straight through the frame but the new engine had a bracket in-between itself and the frame. A bit of grinding, and it fits pretty well. Still gotta shorten the bracket, weld it up for strength and mount some new tabs so it can be secured in 2 places and hard mounted. See below: 

tkZZ7GB.jpg

K4WEDQw.jpg

It will end up being mounted straight up and down as opposed the angle in the below picture.

CpNiDZ0.jpg

First moments of Moped resemblance:

IjAupZC.jpg

And here's a clearer view, gotta get some new tabs laser cut and then will keep on keeping on from there.

PRsP3nr.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah absolutely, motor is a bit low at the moment, will rectify that in due course. The part of my brain that makes all the bad calls is telling me to get the front shocks shortened. Don't really know how feasible that is, will do final mocks etc before that even becomes a possibility though. 

Love the stretched FA!

• Like 1

Awesome mate! My stock shock has no gas/oil left and is like a pogo stick haha!

Depending on when I get this Stage6 pipe welded up and if it runs decent/isn't super over the top too loud I may send up my Tecnigas for you to run, if you don't have a pipe sorted by that point anyway.

• Like 1