seemZ r32 GTS-T

sam1r

I would be interested in selling but unfortunately i need them for wofs :/ have no plans for going for a cert anytime soon cause no money in da bink an a shit ton more that i want done before i even think about certing 

That's ok, I'll still be keen for them when you're done.

They're for the rear of a very long term s13 project :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bad news today went to N S Spec Motorsport this afternoon in manukau to see if john could figure out why it was running rich i get told its got a bottom end knock/ rod knock so i need a new engine

Sounds like that from like 3k-4k rpm 

Not sure what i want to do now, do i keep it 20det an just get it rebuilt or work the shit out of the 20det or do i go all out 5.5k roughly for a 25det package pushing out decent power figures 350-450hp easily 

what do you fellas think 

Find a good condition standard 25det. Get a big turbo, top mount manifold, 3 inch exhaust, front mount, Wrx injectors, link g4.

Now the most important part. Take it to Glen Suckling for a tune.

360rwkw /nearly 500hp all day.

Too easy. Hahah.

• Like 1

1JZ.

If i had the money an a job haha, i barely have 3k an saving up still/selling up

Its still going to be a daily so it has to make a decent amount of RELIABLE power 

Will give the 20det a decent send off on top of third once my 15s get here from ML racing 

Find a good condition standard 25det. Get a big turbo, top mount manifold, 3 inch exhaust, front mount, Wrx injectors, link g4.

Now the most important part. Take it to Glen Suckling for a tune.

360rwkw /nearly 500hp all day.

Too easy. Hahah.

i want quick spool not some laggy slug that will full boost at like 5-6k rpm an then hit limiter 

One of the reasons i'd just get another 20det an plus the bank is fairly empty 

Even if i got a 25det in good cond i'd still give it the once over a rebuild it anyway for piece of mind that it will last another 300xxxkms 

If i do go 25det i probably wouldn't trust my self to do it my self tbh would rather joe kyle or john at NS spec build it 

EDIT: Also my 20det gbox probably wont last very long after a few clutch kicks and hard pulls. Big box isn't the cheapest thing either...

RB24

20 Block

26 Crank and Rods

and 4agze pistons PLS

Reading up on it quite tempted to but then everyone else says it not worth it just go 25det cause dumping a stack of money on a 20 isnt worth it for the power gains 

Lower your asking price on your Cortina.

Sell it.

Use the money on this.

My 2 cents:

Cheap RB30E from a VL Commodore. Keep it NA. Spend your money on ITBs and the appropriate supporting mods.

DOOOOOOORRRRRRRT

Yeah got a guy saying he can buy it for 5.9k which i said yea to so if hes actually serious ill be fairly sorted an pay back some debt to my dad

would have a good giggle if i had a 30e, would make very nice sounds 

would do it if i bought a NA c33   

^ If you do that, sell me the RB30E SOHC head for a token amount, say... $20.

Cheers.

sorry m9 dont think i'd go from turbo to non turbo in the same car

They shouldnt be too expensive though would they ?

Yeah got a guy saying he can buy it for 5.9k which i said yea to so if hes actually serious ill be fairly sorted an pay back some debt to my dad

sorry m9 dont think i'd go from turbo to non turbo in the same car

Turbo to Non turbo will be fine. A different powerband and characteristics, plus everybody has an RB20DET/25DET/26DET/30DET in their Skylines.

Stand out and go a different route.

Top tip: Keep the Holden rocker cover on it  :wink:

Lower your asking price on your Cortina.

Sell it.

Use the money on this.

My 2 cents:

Cheap RB30E from a VL Commodore. Keep it NA. Spend your money on ITBs triple sidedraft 45's and the appropriate supporting mods.

DOOOOOOORRRRRRRT

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update cause not much has really happened 

- my bottom end doesnt want to give up 

- found out previous owner has bought the car back at least 3 times before me an it used to be a dark purple- kinda wish it still has 

- Also found out that the previous owner used to run 18psi on standard 20det turbo lelel and apparently its forged but i won't know until i take the head off i guess 

- my master cylinder or slave cylinder gave up last night so had to start it in third and limp it home in third, a bit surprised my starter motor actually managed to start it with no one pushing  

- Oh yeah an my wheels an bumper and every thing else i bought from japan should be here in august sometime 

• 2 weeks later...

the r32 took a slow whack pulling out onto morrin rd today only a broken indicator, crack in bumper which idont care about any way cause of the new one coming, bent guard which isnt a biggy 

her suzuki swift took a hiding though at like 10ks per hr not even that, rear door of her car got fucked 

she said it was my fault but my mate in the passenger seat said she wasnt looking so i guess i will have to dispute it an save paying excess 

fjbbwbrf.nvr.jpg
3xeyo1jy.hwl.jpg

Sort of a update but yeah 

Went and saw Joe Kyle today an started talking about a rb24det with him an he said its fairly straight forward an quite a lot cheaper than what i had thought it would be from reading forums an what not. He also tried to persuade me to go 25det lel but i kindly turned it down reason being is theyre not as rev happy as a 20 an theyre prone to going pop a lot quicker, even though the 20det head isnt that good with providing decent flow compared to the 25 or 26det/t 

roughly around 3.5k-4k if i take the engine out my self an put it back in which isnt a hard task 

OR

just go fully forged 20det for around 2.5k-3k

25det is only 1.8k-2.5k but dont really want to go that route even though every other person i know is telling me to not waste my money on a 20 an doing it up to make decent power figures 

what are your guys/gals thoughts on this ! ? ! 

• Like 1