MAD MAX, Movie night?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my first Luxury Class experience, and I reckon Gold Class has the edge (dedicated cinema, better chairs, staff can get past without you having to lower the footrest etc).

The movie was good but I spoiled it for myself by watching for symbolism the whole time. If I hadn't turned up expecting feminist messages, I could have enjoyed at least the first 15 minutes before connecting the dots. ;)

Although there was a good amount of automotive bollocks (e.g. climbing on the bonnet to spit fuel down the intake to make the car go faster), the vehicles were always interesting. Was the tank car an Oldsmobile Toronado (V8 but chain-driven FWD)? 

• Like 3

Hardly androphobic.
Far more Slavery theme I thought. And they were "clean breeders" as opposed to "sex slaves".
Which is like breeding the biggest strongest slaves.
I suppose their slavery was based on their gender above their health, but everyone else was a slave too. Can you be MORE slave?
Sounds like a premise for a metal song.

More Slave than the Slave.

Made for an excusable premise for a giant car (war machine) chase movie either way :)

It was awesomeness.

• Like 2

That was my first Luxury Class experience, and I reckon Gold Class has the edge (dedicated cinema, better chairs, staff can get past without you having to lower the footrest etc).

The movie was good but I spoiled it for myself by watching for symbolism the whole time. If I hadn't turned up expecting feminist messages, I could have enjoyed at least the first 15 minutes before connecting the dots. ;)

Although there was a good amount of automotive bollocks (e.g. climbing on the bonnet to spit fuel down the intake to make the car go faster), the vehicles were always interesting. Was the tank car an Oldsmobile Toronado (V8 but chain-driven FWD)? 

Tank car was a Valiant Charger body on tracks.

• Like 1

But was it hate filled androphobic propaganda spec' or just a few drops spilled on a movie?  If it's propaganda spec' i won't watch it.

I guess it depends. I think if you were writing an essay for an English exam you'd have a LOT of material on the world according to feminism, but on the other hand the oldschool consensus is "What propaganda? Did you see how many VWs got wrecked?". :wink:

This quote from the feminist consultant hired by the director George Miller gives you a hint of what to expect:

“I read the script and was blown away. One out of three women on the planet will be raped or beaten in her lifetime—it’s a central issue of our time, and that violence against women relates to racial and economic injustice. This movie takes those issues head-on. I think George Miller is a feminist, and he made a feminist action film. It was really amazing of him to know that he needed a woman to come in who had experience with this.” :doubt:

That has to be the most politically correct drivel i have read all morning.  100% of people in northland get beaten, i know from experience, don't see whingers complain about it.

Most movies have a dumb message in them, some people even argue that starwars teaches people to kiss their sister, thankfully it didn't wasn't 'marry your sister' like some films.