caliper mounting help/ideas.

d.p.n.s

That's going to be hard to make work. Maybe take a trip to pick-a-part and look for some calipers with a different 'offset' to the mounts so that there is room for an adapter plate.

Otherwise, something like a 4-fingered E adapter could be made, and rotate caliper down to provide room. Would need to be welded though, and could be difficult to cert.

plus you have a mismatch of disc/caliper thickness- 19mm disc vs a caliper designed for a 30mm thick disc may end up with a problem with pads falling out or jamming when they wear

These are off a non turbo 300zx and are the smaller ones..still all alloy but just 26mm gap not the huge 30mm..

So a wee bit bettet

Should be able to split the calipers and machine them down to correct width.

Also please post pic. May need to rotate the caliper around a bit to make room to make an adaptor.

Some one did yell me about machining them down...

I tryed to add pics in the 1st post but it won't let me..I did put 4 pics in my build thread .( link in signature.

As for rotating it if I moved it down it may foul the steering arm.and if I move it up its behind the strut leg.

Or Wilwood can come in the exact size to bolt straight on.

Browse US or UK ebay can often get an older set for a steal. Old man got some delivered to NZ for under $200 for both (Ford pattern). No pads tho.

Those discs you've used... do they provide same offset as standard? Cant say I came across those when looking for upgrades all those years ago, and I read the shit outta the DBA catalog.

Wonder if I could use on my mk1 with the standard calipers spaced to suit.

Gaz

Or... works in my head but may be thinking wrong.

Make an adaptor that bolts behind both lugs. Then it curves same circ as disc upwards and steps back out to same width as lugs. Maybe can get one hole between current lugs and one slightly higher?

So moves caliper slightly above std but keeps same plain.

Gaz

Or Wilwood can come in the exact size to bolt on.

Browse US or UK ebay can often get an older set for a steal. Old man got some delivered to NZ for under $200 for both (Ford pattern). No pads tho.

Those discs you've used... do they provide same offset as standard? Cant say I came across those when looking for upgrades all those years ago, and I read the shit outta the DBA catalog.

Wonder if I could use on my mk1 with the standard calipers spaced to suit.

Gaz

The discs are ke 1600 fire laser turbo.not sure on offset .just wanted a vended disc that bolted on.

Or... works in my head but may be thinking wrong.

Make an adaptor that bolts behind both lugs. Then it curves same circ as disc upwards and steps back out to same width as lugs. Maybe can get one hole between current lugs and one slightly higher?

So moves caliper slightly above std but keeps same plain.

Gaz

Only about 2mm between back of Mount and disc.... So I don't think there is enough room.