Anglia4's 1968 Ford Mustang

KKtrips

Build Thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/47056-anglia4s-68-mustang/

Choice - please be the first person in the history of the earth to actual lower one of these substantially and not have the nose pointing up in the air. :D

Get super lows and cut off a coil to start with and throw in 2" blocks in the rear with a middle of the pack leaf removed. Then some 15x8's and 205 55 15's 

VOILA!

• Like 3

Its a bit rough around the edges, like I say, needs an epic polish and a new bumper then it will look mint.

The interior is in really good nick, we did the headlining and dash pad a while back but.

Its a very clean honest car.

California black plates too.

Cheers but I'm probably losing my job next week so I'll pass for the time being.

I've been driving it all morning today, visited my painter and shit. I'm up to $120 on polishes now and raided 3 different buffers from dads place. Will see what the afternoon brings.

• 4 months later...

0910phr_15_z+1968_ford_mustang+driversid

Been looking at wheels a bit for this, I like the torque thrust style but not a fan of the current balloon on 14 style. Dads got a 66 with mild low and 15" magnum 500's and it is perfect.

I think the above would be spot on for my car, they're 16", little bit of a beating with the lowering stick, roll the guard lips. Profit.

It's had a charging fault lately which we narrowed down to the voltage reg, so we've swapped it out for a more modern, reliable and cheaper unit. Stoked.

My new front bumper has arrived as well so can't wait to fit that.

When I first bought the car it had fog lights in the grille but there was no wiring and they were just hanging from the grille mesh... I like the look though so I've got some stainless flat bar and wiring gear to put the in right.

I also rigged up some fans in a hurry once straight off the battery as it was overheating in the Americana parade. So while I'm under there I'm going to wire them in properly with switches and fuses and all those good things.

Lastly, I think it's using way more gas than it should, so I've got a bid going on an EFI manifold from a 96 5.0 as I want to inject it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not overly bothered about getting a real performance manifold, I just want to get some more consistent economy out of it.

I think some of the truck ones are better, but the one I've bought is from a 96 XR8, because it was the right price.

I'm not sure if I'll use the upper manifold as I think theyre but ugly. So at this stage I'd like to use just the lower manifold (as that takes care of the thermostat housing, fuel rails, injectors and fitment to the engine) and either build a custom plenum, or maybe come up with something that fits ITB's from a bike or something like that.

I've started reading up on Megasquirt stuff too to figure out what ignition set-up to use.

Again I need to keep reminding myself I'm not building a race car, that I just want something cost effective.

MS-II looks like what I'm after I think. At this stage i'm thinking I'll keep the single coil & lock the distributor setup to let the MS control the advance. (I think thats how it works, I've only just started reading)

Full distributorless, individual coil pack ignition would be awesome, but seems trickier/more expensive to achieve with the MS-II and I don't really think there will be a big advantage in my application.

• 2 weeks later...