Mullins - 1980 Mazda 323 Wagon - JO - Discussion

Bistro

Ha ha wicked!!! What a sweet as useful wagon. Before you start the engine swap you could just sneak a teeny tiny little turbo on there- blow through style. Run low boost and get wideband to watch the numbers. Would be worth it for a giggle. Bring a nasty little turbo and an old manifold when you come by over Jan and we could cobble something up. Then use pvc piping to the crab for max bogan factor. Could make ugly as blow off valve out of fittings and a spring.

Welcome to back oldschool proper like- although you were on here many moons ago. Pleeeease tell us stories about UK rx3 life uncle Hayden :-)

Might take me a while, enjoying the 1300 gas consumption!

Don't worry, take you're time. The race is still on. I think I've had my motor for...since rookie worked at Halls...maybe 7 years? and the 323...4 years now? ....yea the race is well and truly on.

• Like 1

Cheers lads.

Not sure I can make these big events as we have a SI trip planned that will eat most of my leave and income.

Just had to say that my wife has really taken to this wagon. She's started driving it more than her car. Says it reminds her of her Dad's old 626 of similar vintage, when she was learning to drive. A few of her friends have said the wag is "cute" haha :-o

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got back from aformentioned SI trip.

Calculating the direct route (sans all the other driving we did) that's 1,900kms. Not bad for a fully laden 1980's wagon. We did need a $700 brake job in Dunedin, but apart from that (and 4L of oil) she ran like a charm. If you're reaing this Alex, sorry we didn't make it your way - will be back down again sometime as we want to do some wine tours, so will hook-up then fo sho!

• 6 months later...