The mainlanders gonna invade NI convoy to nats '15

yoeddynz

So i think Sam,Jane, Shane, billy, hannah and i will hopefully be cruising up for the nats. Will be awesome as usual if we can all tie in together and go in one big group and meet with other mainlanders coming from further away.

I'm keen on staying in Blenheim weds night take early morning ferry then doing a all day mission straight up arriving Thursday night. Discuss away.

Looking forward to usual ferry shinnanigans....

• 1 month later...
List of names who have indicated they want to get in on the ferry deal.

i5oogt  - 1  -  Chch

Slacker_sam.  -  2  -  Nelson

yoeddynz  -  2  -  Nelson

Brdflu  -  1  -  Chch

Maggy  -  1  -  Chch

Fresh  -  1  -  Chch

sidewaysickness  -  1  -  Nelson

76rolla_gurl  -  1  -  Chch

Ben_10  -  1  -  Chch

Can you guys in the South Island pass the word around and make sure as many jokers who don't frequent the forum and let them know that to get their entries in ASAP because I'm going to start arranging a deal in the next week or so.

Would I be right that a middayish sailing on the Wednesday would work well for those who want to hoof it most the way on Wednesday night so they can hit track day on Thursday morning?

I guess the same sailing probably also work well for those who are wanting to take it easy and cruise up the island over a couple of lazy days?

Followed up with a Monday mid afternoon trip for the Southward bound leg?

Let me know what ya think.

Cheers

I'm not sure on how many from SI are doing the track day. I'm keen on staying in Blenheim on the Wednesday night and then get an early as ferry Thursday morning to do a cruise all day to nats. But we are also happy to go weds and take two days to get to nats camping midway somewhere. Pretty chilled about what happens but it's always nice to convoy so will try to work in with others if possible.

We will hanging around up there for a few days to check out the local hippies and beaches so planning on getting a ferry back about midday the following Thursday the 12th.

There certainly must be more punters from SI driving up ??! If not then we are certainly keen on trying to meet up and convoy along with the welly crew on the Thursday.

FYI it would be a hell of a day driving from Welly to Nats....especially in an old car and especially in convoy. Its almost 700 km

Yeah that was my thoughts - it'll be 5 hours down the tube before you even hit the road in the North Island once you allow a check-in window, sail across and make it off the ferry.

If you did it in one day it would be an absolute minimum of 14 hours on the road from go to whoa once you factor in a couple of fuel stops and at least one meal. It would be even longer if you factor in purchasing supplies etc. 

Personally I would catch a midday sailing and then camp at Vinegar Hill (just off State Highway 1 about 2.5 hours north of Wellington). It's only 8 hours from V-Hill to the campsite if you cruise it casual as and pick up supplies en route. 

• Like 2

Sailing Interislander - check-in at midday and will get in at 4:30pm

After unloading then Vinegar Hill arrival will be around 7pm Wednesday

Leave VH on Thursday at 9am and get to Coromandel around 5pm.

(Bluebridge - allow an hour more on Wednesday as the sailing time is different)

Yeah OK this all makes sense. We'll head up on wednesday and stay some where. Will look up vinegar hill.

edit:

The Vinegar Hill campsite is open to all. The camp is divided in to two distinct areas, with the two being distinguished as the 'straight' and 'gay' ends. Of course its entirely up to you where you choose to camp, with the 'gay' end tending to be the party and entertainment area, and the 'straight' end a more traditional quiet camping experience. Vinegar Hill provides a safe and welcoming environment for the LGBT community and their families. Everyone is asked to visit the Queen on the first day to be given a welcome pack and arrange fees.
The Palace will be signposted and centrally located.

Fuck yeah the party end!

• Like 1