Aimees 83 KP60

mae

Yeah man, wasn't anything major. Just the hose had perished and had developed a bit of a drip. She's so stoked on it ay, went for a cruise through town on the way back, and have put a fair bit of mileage on it since picking it up.

Haven't got many massive plans for it just yet, as Aimee's still on her learners. But probably just give it a good service, fix the water leak (gonna investigate that tomorrow) and keep an eye out for parts as they pop up to tidy it up.

Had been around and looked at tyres for it, but there's not much choice in 13s and can't really go very wide due to offset of wheels sitting much further out than steels, so was thinking about chucking something similar rolling diameter to the 155/80r12s and square on 6in wide wheels 155-175s for temporary use for now.

Anyone got any old but good (wof able) 13in tyres kicking around home close to Auckland area?

• Like 2

So we need to get mirrors for this. Being the car Aimee's learning to drive it, no mirrors is a bit dodgy.

She really wants guard mirrors so have been looking for some. Found a couple on the tard, but unsure as to which style to pick. (Form over function right).

Sent wheels off today with a mate to be blasted should get them back later this week. So then need to pick a colour and paint them.

Then tyres. I have some 185/70 r13s but they're to big. So was thinking 155/70s or 165/70s because common sizes? Idk I'm used to 15s

But will have to properly test fit alloys first to make sure nothing sticks out the guards

Just need four warrantable 13s for now. Probably looking second hand because balling on a budget. And not overly keen on Chinese tyres but I doubt you'd get much else in 13s?

Berj, I see what you mean about trawling for parts for this thing. I've banned myself from trade me.

And yup will have to grab them sometime!

• 4 months later...

Awhile back I picked up some fender mirrors but haven't got them on as I am unsure Where exactly to position them..

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A STARLET WITH FENDER MIRRORS?

If so would you please be able to give me some measurements from the front of the guard to the mirror;

Or a decent photo of the position of them?

Please and thank you ❤️