ignition leads - copper strands

Lump

I'm having some on going ignition issues with my bike at the moment.

I'd like to replace the ignition leads - the current ones are a short length with a copper stranded center which attaches to the coils and spark plug caps.

I tried buying an new ignition lead to cut up to replace them but it had a different centre without the copper and could be substiuted.

Can you still get the copper centred ones and how to I spot the difference when picking them off the shelf at repco etc. 

I think I might have some in the shed. I'll have a look tonight.

Cheers Valiant,  much appreciated

Maybe dumb q but why's copper better? Just coz weaker ignition system?

Probably isn't better,  basically i need the copper ones to connect directly to the coil and spark plug cap

Maybe dumb q but why's copper better? Just coz weaker ignition system?

Copper is lower resistance and able to transfer more of the electrical energy from  weaker/older/smaller ingition systems to the combustion chamber.

Higher resistance modern spark leads are primarily to reduce EMF (noise in the radio and other electronics), offset by more powerful/efficient ignition systems

or something.

I understand more resistance makes the spark jump a bigger gap to. My old ford should have solid core leads but I have carbon ones on it.

I always wondered about TOPGUN leads they sell for most cars, they all have a solid stainless core ?